Geaux Tigers

I know Bleu Raeders (sp?) made finals in the early '70's.

Since then, have there been a lot of Louisiana kids marching in drum corps?

I heard rumors of several competing in New Jersey corps in the '80's (both Bridgemen and Cadets) but am not sure if that is accurate.

sidebar- I was hoping OSU would win tonight.

First, because I live in Big 10 country.

Secondly (from a DCI perspective), their band is all brass. Kinda unusual for a college marching band.

However, congratulations to LSU. They flat outplayed OSU in almost every phase of the game.

Wolfgang

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game, indeed

I'll be auditioning for Crown for the 09 season.

I was kinda disappointed in what I saw of Ohio's band, but that's just my LSU bias kicking in, I think.

There were a bunch of Louisiana kids in Star of Indiana when I marched - Elaine Daigle in the pit, Fenette on baritone, Tommy in the pit. We had Moe Latour on staff as well as Paul P..never can spell his last name and John Sanchez. (this was 1985) Some of them came from the Bridgemen and Paul and John had marched Cadets. Moe had been the director of the Bleu Raiders I think.

There was a baritone player, can't remember his name, that marched in the early 90's too. Dang, and I use to fight with him on our alumni forum before I got kicked off...oh well, it will come to me later.

Edited by SaraNYC

Oh, there's also my instructor Kevin Guidry who marched baritone for Southwind in 03, I think. And my director Terry Gould who was in Madison Scouts god knows how long ago...probably in the 70s, i'm assuming. And Lonnie Benoit, the head of percussion here at McNeese State, marched for Cavies, was caption head for Phantom Regiment, and is now the front ensemble manager for SCV

Edited by K-Swiss

I'm from Shreveport.

There is/was a huge contingency of people in PR that went to NSU and LSU in the 80s and 90s. Growing up, they were everyone's favorites. I've been away for around 10 years now so I'm not so sure if this is still true. A lot of fairly prominent instructors came from this lineage: Hurley, Prosperie, Wooton, Vasquez, etc.

Also: http://www.louisianadrumcorps.org/index.html

I'm from Shreveport.

There is/was a huge contingency of people in PR that went to NSU and LSU in the 80s and 90s. Growing up, they were everyone's favorites. I've been away for around 10 years now so I'm not so sure if this is still true. A lot of fairly prominent instructors came from this lineage: Hurley, Prosperie, Wooton, Vasquez, etc.

Also: http://www.louisianadrumcorps.org/index.html

That's right, Jeff Prosperie marched Bridgemen and Star. I ran into him at DCA this year and introduced myself. I missed him by a year in Star.

I was kinda disappointed in what I saw of Ohio's band, but that's just my LSU bias kicking in, I think.

I was actually disappointed with LSU's performance. And I'm from Louisiana so there is no bias coming from me.

Sorry, but OSU's band wiped the field with what LSU had to offer. First of all precision in their marching and a much cleaner sound. Secondly, flip folders. Flip folders should never be on the field for a halftime performance. The LSU band should be embarrassed for that reason alone.

Sorry, but OSU's band wiped the field with what LSU had to offer. First of all precision in their marching and a much cleaner sound. Secondly, flip folders. Flip folders should never be on the field for a halftime performance. The LSU band should be embarrassed for that reason alone.

TBDBITL did look so good last night, Nice Job Dr. Jon! :wub:

I was totally heartbroken again though, with the second national title loss. :wub:

Dale

OSU '88

Phi Mu Alpha--Beta Xi

Kappa Kappa Psi--Eta

Theta Chi--Alpha Lambda