Worst Injury you marched a show with

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1983-Pnuemonia

1986-broke the big nerve on the outside of my left thigh, didn't hurt cause I couldn't feel anything, but the corps nurse said she heard it snap at the front of the field (I was on the back hash). 24 years later it feels like my leg is asleep all the time.

Got my left pinky broken during the drum feature. You know - the snareline's up front - playing on each other's drums - the guy on my left came across at the wrong time and caught my finger between the rim and the head and "snap".. Hurt like an SOB... Played the rest of the season that way.

A bleeding ulcer..

I marched a show once with a fever over 100 degrees while with the Bushwackers. Didn't rehearse all day, but marched the show and managed not to collapse at the end.

A guy in 2007 Bluecoats snare line had a stress fracture in, I think, the right foot the last week or so of tour and could only do run throughs and shows.

I don't remember anyone in the 87 line not practicing the last couple weeks of the season.

My bad - ignore for my stupidity and lack of comprehensive reading ability.

Edited by bluecoats88

The only thing I ever missed a drum corps rehearsal (never missed a show, luckily) was for pink-eye. Worst reason ever, right?

But at a WGI regional, I marched the finals show on a very very sprained foot. I had sprained it in the prelims show. My foot was a very interesting color right around the arch. Lots of shades of blue, black, and purple. It hurt a lot.

And when i was much younger, I once stepped on a nail as my marching band was exiting the field. That didn't feel great either. I didn't break though! I was probably 14 at the time?