Bluecoats 2008 show title...

I enjoyed the Bluecoats show last year but felt certain parts were overated. I do believe they are on the right track and progressing nicely. Each year they improve, so I expect them to take another step this year. Maybe not in placement but in overall show quality.

I think were are seeing parity in the top 6-7 corps.

The point spread doesn't mean a lot with the way the system works as many believe the past few years placements could have gone in another direction.

Quality is Quality no matter how you slice it.

Edited by Phantombari1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not excited by this title and subject matter. :rolleyes:

Bluecoats are going to have to do a hell of a lot of work in design and execution if this show is going be the "winner." Blue Devils have a little more ground to stand on than Bluecoats, and I would hardly call the fact that they, like the Blue Devils in 2007, are using wording about being a champion as a similarity.

I know I am going to get flamed by all the brilliant ones, but I think it is going to be a long, long, long time before we see the Bluecoats in the top 3.

Ok...attack!

Agreed. I know you're thinking that since the Bluecoats won horns in QF and beat the Cavies at one show last season, that they are destined to win and all but lets face it. They've still got a long, long, long way to go before they go on last finals night and win. This is yet another example of extreme overhype that certain corps get every winter. Overhype that is, in general, never lived up to.

anybody know where the music is coming from?

also is this show actually going to have anything to do with boxing? or is it going to be just a catchy title with music from the rocky movies or something?

also, im going to be disappointed if their show doesnt have something to do with this

also is this show actually going to have anything to do with boxing? or is it going to be just a catchy title with music from the rocky movies or something?

Would that include Rocky Horror? :O

Agreed. I know you're thinking that since the Bluecoats won horns in QF and beat the Cavies at one show last season, that they are destined to win and all . . . .

Who has said that?

Some of you people are ridiculous. If someone wants to get excited about a certain corps and their upcoming season, then you should let them. After all, none of us have any idea how the corps are going to do this summer. The only people I see stating in absolutes are the haters.

Agreed. I know you're thinking that since the Bluecoats won horns in QF and beat the Cavies at one show last season, that they are destined to win and all but lets face it. They've still got a long, long, long way to go before they go on last finals night and win. This is yet another example of extreme overhype that certain corps get every winter. Overhype that is, in general, never lived up to.

I would just like to ask : How is the hype not lived up to if a corps like the Bluecoats consistently places within tenths and even beats a corps like the Cavaliers? I would say the corps that got a lot of hype last year did live up to it, and then some. Considering how difficult it is to change the mindset of the judging community, and break into even the top 6, I would say the new corps that are doing so absolutely deserve recognition. The fact that corps that have existed for half or even a quarter as long as the normal elite can beat those corps is pretty amazing.

anybody know where the music is coming from?

also, im going to be disappointed if their show doesnt have something to do with this

Logan High School did a great boxing show "TKO"

Logan used some great movement, A slow motion knockout, the round "BELL" to start sections of the show, pair up of two on two dance-shadow boxing....

I would like to see if some of these Logan ideas end up in Bluecoats....

Who has said that?

Some of you people are ridiculous. If someone wants to get excited about a certain corps and their upcoming season, then you should let them. After all, none of us have any idea how the corps are going to do this summer. The only people I see stating in absolutes are the haters.

Where in that post does it say I'm a hater? I like the coats. I think they will, eventually be in that top 3-4 area. But for now, I still believe they have a ways to go to consistently finish in that area. Say what you want about the quality of their program, show design and how close the top 6-7 corps are scorewise, but the truth of the matter is they still came in 7th.

Go Bluecoats! I feel I have to say that lest I be labeled a hater. And god forbid any opposing viewpoint be voiced.

Assimilate or be destroyed!