Lucas Oil Stadium

I was at an Indiana Unversity football game this fall and they are definitely doing construction on Memorial stadium too. They are putting stands up in the side 1 endzone. I am not sure if they are making it a horseshoe or what. Anyway, it's not supposed to be done by August either.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at an Indiana Unversity football game this fall and they are definitely doing construction on Memorial stadium too. They are putting stands up in the side 1 endzone. I am not sure if they are making it a horseshoe or what. Anyway, it's not supposed to be done by August either.

2008 DCI World Championships: Carmel High School, Carmel, IN :peek:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Rumors aside, even the expected completion date is cutting it extremely close... for us... even for the Colts football team. One minor setback could throw off the entire schedule. Living here in Milwaukee, one can only think of the tragic crane collapse which left 3 worker dead and delayed the opening of Miller Park for a whole year. I would pray that nothing of that magnitude happens in Indianapolis, but even the slightest accident, supply shortage, or construction flaw could result in a delay in the opening of the stadium. One would hope that they have DCI circled on the calendar and can have at least one side of the stadium "finished" from end zone to end zone by championships. Thinking back to Miller Park opening, they were still doing last minute painting and touch ups right up to the time that the gates opened and even beyond. And while the roof may be somewhat of a concern, as we've found at Miller Park... if it doesn't work, just leave it open!

This topic was recently discussed in a Colts forum. Someone who frequents the forum was allowed access to the stadium and snapped some pictures. He then posted the photos in a Pacers forum. Here's the link. As this person states, these photos are from January 13, 2008.

Hope you enjoy,

Brandon

Edited by PRpodium02

How about Purdue (West Lafayette)? - a lot easier to get to that IU.

Go Boilers!

Thinking back to Miller Park opening, they were still doing last minute painting and touch ups right up to the time that the gates opened and even beyond. And while the roof may be somewhat of a concern, as we've found at Miller Park... if it doesn't work, just leave it open!

Oh great, they'll be working with screaming power tools during championships. "Sorry, you band nerds, but we got a football game to get ready for."

Hey, don't we have enough real problems to fret over without beating the bushes for possible problems?? Of course the stadium may not be done in time. Known issue. Move along, nothing to see here... yet.

Oh great, they'll be working with screaming power tools during championships. "Sorry, you band nerds, but we got a football game to get ready for."

Hey, don't we have enough real problems to fret over without beating the bushes for possible problems?? Of course the stadium may not be done in time. Known issue. Move along, nothing to see here... yet.

Screaming power tools are not legal until 09.

PLEASE let 08 finals be at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington. Rehearsing in that stadium is one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. I assume many people on here know that the stadium reverberates a concert "C" whenever you play.

:peek:

Take all the time you need, Lucas Oil!!!!!

Ya but don't you want the experience of performing in a brand new stadium designed for marching events? I mean ya it's for footbally be they're keeping drum corps and marching band in mind.