what matters and what doesn't!

i have been watching the bickering about the rules, defination of what is a "bugle" and other divisive topics over the course of this last week. I have since comeup with a list of what does and does not matter in drum corps. This list is my own and is solely my opinion.

Here it is:

DOESNT MATTER

(1) Amplifiers= doesn't matter, the argument is silly . If it is done properly it is not even noticed in the pit.

(2) B-flat vs G= A horn is a horn is a horn. They haven't been strictly bugles in over 35 years.

(3) Electronics= It was tried over 20 years ago and still the uproar?

(4) Woodwinds= we are arguing over something that has not been proposed. except in the imagination of some.

Etc. Etc. The list can go on and on and on.

MATTERS

(1)Friendship

(2)Disicipline

(3)Hard Work

(4)Family

(5)education

(6) probably the most important= FUN!!!!

what this sums upis that the activity may change but the members stay the same. i have the privlidge of working with the local corps. They are some of the finest kids you will ever meet. Those of you that know me know what I'm talking about. What bothers me is the number of people on here talking about abandoning drum corps over some rules changes. Come on stop thowing a temper tantrum and remember what this activity is here for.

Would you really turn you back on the members that work that hard to provide a show for the fans regardlesof the rules???

If you are the the activity is better off without you.

thanks for listening.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drum corps matters a great deal to me. does it to you or are you going to abandon it beacause some silly rule proposal did'nt go your way.

If you do abandon it the the activity doesnt need you anyway

Just about every youth activity has the things that "matter" to you. You should be easy to please.

Yeah, you tell 'em! How dare he come on here trying to be positive. :shutup:

Yeah, you tell 'em! How dare he come on here trying to be positive. :shutup:

What did I do? I made a positive observation about other youth activities. For that, I get "the activity doesn't need you anyway", and your sarcasm. What example does that set?

What did I do? I made a positive observation about other youth activities. For that, I get "the activity doesn't need you anyway", and your sarcasm. What example does that set?

nope read again

the word if means a lot in the sentance.

drum corps matters a great deal to me. does it to you or are you going to abandon it beacause some silly rule proposal did'nt go your way.

I think we will be discovering in the very near future just how few or how many people this activity does need.

are we that fickle? do we turn our backs? Did the people who came before us turn their backs on us when we changed the activity in our day?

what gives us the right to be the arbiter of what is really drum corps?

questions? questions?

what gives us the right to be the arbiter of what is really drum corps?

It's our right, because we choose to (pay to) attend or not.

If you don't want to see (your definition of) drum corps, that is within your right.

Really? So my money wouldn't be helpful? Why do corps bother to sell souvies to folks like me if it isn't needed? I think your respose is more emotional than reasoned.