OT-TO ALL YOU PATRIOTS FANS....

dude i know foot ball. the pats lost end of story.

probably have been around drum corps to long. my spelling stinks.

I still say your a Dolphins fan! Fran is a Jets fan! What did they have between them ? 5 wins? Don't worry, in close to three more years the Dolphins and Jets combined will have as many wins as the Patriots had in this season alone! That's as good as any reason to hate the Pats. I know football, end of story!

What would you like to talk about next? Celtics/Knicks or Red Sox/Yankees? It's really tough living in Boston these days!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent information! But weren't the Steelers known for their D (Steel Curtain) in the 70's, I believe the D was a lot older than the Offense which led to their demise more than anything. I don't believe that is the case with the Patriots, granted the inside backers are pretty much finished and Harrison is getting on, but the rest of the D is under 30.

Believe it or not, the Steelers lead the league in scoring in 1979 26.7 points a game, 5th in 78, 6th in 77, 5th in 76, 4th in 75, 6th in 74, 4th in 73, 5th in 72. So during their run they were very potent on offense. Interestingly enough, the average age of the Steelers defense in 1979 was 27.7 and the average age of the 2007 New England Patriots was 27.7. The ages of the teams are extremely similar, but the Steelers didn't have anyone as old as Bruschi, Harrison, or Seau. Steelers had 12 guys on the roster 30 or over and the Pats this year had 15. Anyhow, the point is that so much has to happen to make a run like this........having a healthy Tom Brady year after year certainly helps. I can't even imagine how many Super Bowls the Steelers would have won over the last 15 years had they not tide their cheap selves to Kordell Stewart, Mike Tomczak, Neil O'Donnell, and Tommy Maddox. I don't think any of those guys will be need to be fitted for a yellow jacket like Mr. Brady.

I only brought up the lines earlier because they do reflect the publics perception of a team and my point was that America was too enamored with the Pats and seemingly still unable to rid themselves of the Giants slow start to realize that the Pats were coming back to the rest of the pack over the last 7 weeks of the season and the Giants were for real.

To All Patriots Fans.......

Congrats on a GREAT season...

but.....

:ph34r:

(Sorry....couldn't resist!!!)

LOL.. i won $100 on that game :thumbdown:

The Patriots also played and beat the Colts, Chargers (2), Jaguars, Steelers,Cowboys, Redskins, Giants, all playoff teams! You can throw in the Browns @ 10-6 also if you'd like. That's Murderers Row! Even the most avid Dolphin fan can't compare the 72 schedule to the Pats 07 schedule!

On top of that they had the Raven's & Eagles playing way above there level (Ravens pretty much collapsed after that).

Everyone was out for blood against the Pats'. They were pretty worn down by playoff time.

Giants and Pat's got some breaks in Superbowl game. Giants defense was pretty much running over the Pat's offense line at will and Pat's couldn't accomplish a good blitz most of the time. That being said it was pretty much a stalemate. Gave up a field goal chance from the 47 earlier for a failed 4th down earlier.

Pat's put together a good drive that chewed up a lot of time in 4th (only good Pat's drive of the game). Giants had a tough journey with 3-4 mins to go. But they marched down the field. Eli chucked a good one after narrow escape and Harrison even had his hand on the ball but Giants ended up with it. Ellis Hobbs trip's on his shoelaces and Giants get a TD. Game OVA as we would say in Boston.

Giants deserve the win and all the accolades. Personally I don't think they can play at that intensity level for all/most games in 2009. It can win you some games but it will take more than that to end up with a 12-4 or 13-3 team or even dare I say a 16-0 regular season team. Pat's had nothing left in the tank in my opinion.

I'm not trying to take anything away from them, or their "accomplishment" And if I have sour taste in my mouth it's from Mercury, and Shula who don't seem to be able to show anymore class then the patriots walking off the field before the game was done. Shula spouting that if the pats go undefeated that they'll have to put an astrisk next to it like Bonds because they cheated, and Mercury who can't seem to shut his mouth screaming about his and Zonka's 1000 yard season in 72. The league stunk that year, and to run all over a sheduale that was pitifull isn't something to brag about. I have no problem with them being happy about being perfect, I don't even have a problem with them celebrating still being the only undefeated team. I do however have an issue with a group of people that can't give any credit to the present players. Saying that if they placed the 72 Dolphins against the current league that would still run the table, sorry the 72 Dolphins couldn't play the 07 dolphins and win.....well maybe, but you get the picture. I have no love for the Pats by the way, I can't stand Tom Brady (yeah ok so maybe I'm a bit jealous) I've never liked Moss or his mouth, and while Bellecheck may be the best coach, I still don't have to like him. But I can still give credit where it's due. Brady is arguably the best quarterback in the NFL, Moss who isn't getting any younger, ran all over the league, with a real schedule. yes they played 3 easy games, 3 games dosen't make a season. The 72 fins played 2 games against winning teams, and even those you have to reach really hard to call them difficult games. Yes they went undefeated, good job, but is it that hard to not talk complete garbage when another team is doing it, on a higher level? I'm not saying they had to support them, but the lime light always has to be on them, they did the same thing the year the colts almost went all the way. And if Shula is the greatist coach ever, it's because he coached for 37 years, he went to 6 super bowls, but could only pull the trigger twice.....ok, ok so maybe I am a little bitter lol. But as has been said all is forgotten since the Patriots did indeed lose (much to my enjoyment) and we may well have to wait for another 36 years before another team comes close to running the gauntlet. I hope not, I'd like to see "perfectville" torn down. So yeah I guess you can call me bitter, but who's perfect?.....oh yeah....nevermind. :thumbdown:

ok . now were talking in a sensible manner. your right the fins act like jerks sometimes but i guess it's their pride. any way lets see what happens next year

peace

I still say your a Dolphins fan! Fran is a Jets fan! What did they have between them ? 5 wins? Don't worry, in close to three more years the Dolphins and Jets combined will have as many wins as the Patriots had in this season alone! That's as good as any reason to hate the Pats. I know football, end of story!

What would you like to talk about next? Celtics/Knicks or Red Sox/Yankees? It's really tough living in Boston these days!

ok i'll fess up. i'm a fins fan. but i'll say this.........GO YANKS!!!!!

ok . now were talking in a sensible manner. your right the fins act like jerks sometimes but i guess it's their pride. any way lets see what happens next year

peace

Yeah,

Thats definetly the Fins problem. A Bunch of crotchety old men who cant let go of the past.

I used to have a lot of respect for that, but now that they all (especially thier coach and leader) run their mouths the way they do, they have reduced themselves to a bunch of "Al Bundy"s who sit on the couch with one hand in thier pants and stare at thier trophy case. Calling themselves "Immortal"? Common!! thats weak.

I went undefeated once.. (yes... it was only drum corps), but hey, Its "Only football"! And am I immortal? Hell no. Alot of people liked the other guys better than us! In fact, I remember them getting more applause from outside the stadium! lol

So pop your champagne 72 Dolphins! And revel in your old "Glory". Revel in the fact that you played in a day before free-agency, 300lb linemen with 4.5 speed, quarterbacks who could throw the ball 70 yards in the air, running backs who can run the 100 in 10 flat, and slick sons of b*tches like Devon hester!

Just to spite them, i want ANYONE (even if it was the eagles) to go undefeated. Just so i can watch them cry.

Yeah,

Thats definetly the Fins problem. A Bunch of crotchety old men who cant let go of the past.

I used to have a lot of respect for that, but now that they all (especially thier coach and leader) run their mouths the way they do, they have reduced themselves to a bunch of "Al Bundy"s who sit on the couch with one hand in thier pants and stare at thier trophy case. Calling themselves "Immortal"? Common!! thats weak.

I went undefeated once.. (yes... it was only drum corps), but hey, Its "Only football"! And am I immortal? Hell no. Alot of people liked the other guys better than us! In fact, I remember them getting more applause from outside the stadium! lol

So pop your champagne 72 Dolphins! And revel in your old "Glory". Revel in the fact that you played in a day before free-agency, 300lb linemen with 4.5 speed, quarterbacks who could throw the ball 70 yards in the air, running backs who can run the 100 in 10 flat, and slick sons of b*tches like Devon hester!

Just to spite them, i want ANYONE (even if it was the eagles) to go undefeated. Just so i can watch them cry.

O.K. what's up? donincardona fesses up about being a Dolphin fan, Ech2os fires out some incredible stats,Paradiddle has my back and Tasty tells it like it is?? We can't get along, we can't agree to disagree! This could ruin the whole thread! I think for the first time in my life, I'm postless!

O.K. what's up? donincardona fesses up about being a Dolphin fan, Ech2os fires out some incredible stats,Paradiddle has my back and Tasty tells it like it is?? We can't get along, we can't agree to disagree! This could ruin the whole thread! I think for the first time in my life, I'm postless!

i don't know about anybody else but i'm just having fun. don't take it personally. it's just fun