Jupiter Horns???

Guest mafields627

This corps is coming out with what is a very competitive look (I don't by into the Cesario cookie-cutter and the fact he mustv'e bought about 500 reams of purple fabric and is trying to rid of it, but anyways...) and a matched set of horns.

I bet they got a sweet deal, so be thrilled for them. They have a matched set of horns, new drums, uniforms, 100 kids and they have NEVER stepped on the field.

They seem to be building their corps the right way, so be happy for them and be careful about dissing a set of marching horns before you've ever heard them.

My .02

Oh I totally agree, Todd. I am thrilled for them. I think that it is amazing that the corps has come together so well. Believe me I know how hard it can be trying to start up a corps b/c during the winter of 2001 I was the brass caption head at a corps that was trying to come back. I know what it's like to expect 30 horns at a camp and come Friday night there's only 5. I know what it's like to have to fold on May 10 b/c you just can't seem to get the numbers you need to field a corps.

My comments were directed only towards the Jupiter horns, not the corps. I hope they got a sweet deal on the horns. I wish them the best of luck and look forward to seeing them on the field. B)

Edited by brassguymike

I have personnally played the Jupiter baritone. I must say that it is a very good quality horn. It projects fine, and it is very well designed in my opinion.

And yes, we did get a very sweet deal on them. I don't know exactly what the deal was, but my director said that we bought them at jupiter's loss.

Edited by baristeve

I had a jupiter trumpet for my first horn, it was alright, i liked it, but know i have a yamaha and like it better but Jupiters play fine.

• 4 months later...
The company started out making horns no better than what you see in the Sears catalogue. I hear they are making far better horns these days, however they still haven't stood the test of time. I wouldn't arm any of my students with these horns.

nope your wrong the horns still suck...i mean the only thing that came in the cases was the valve oil...the only thing good that it was used for was to soak our dotbooks before we roasted them...amazingly we did win brass at several shows