The ultimate drum corps practice facility

You know... identifying where someone lives by the exit they are off of is a VERY logical and convenient way to do so. :tongue:

I KNOW my other Jersey constituents here will back me up on this.

Towards South Jersey, it's a very bad system to work off of. Towards the landscape that seperates South and North Jersey, it tends to be more accurate. In the very north part of Jersey, it's extremely accurate. 13a off the turnpike. Pretty darn accurate.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Towards South Jersey, it's a very bad system to work off of. Towards the landscape that seperates South and North Jersey, it tends to be more accurate. In the very north part of Jersey, it's extremely accurate. 13a off the turnpike. Pretty darn accurate.

I know....my girlfriend lives in cape may. Its a 3 hour drive from md, and I never even touch the turnpike or the parkway...

Heh sorry. Bad timing I guess...I just finished a heated conversation with someone in person on a related topic right before I read this thread.

However, I still stand by what I said. :tongue:

Anywho...I would like to have a beef jerkey vending machine...that was free!

I would include the best parts of each of yours but my main field would be indoors (kinda). It would have a roof but be able open like a huge pavilion. There will be at least 3 more fields outdoors for outdoor rehearsals.

There would be a dorm facility that's connected to the cafeteria where you would have one floor but have a middle common room where the entrance would be and the guys would be on one side and girls on the opposite.

The staff sleeping facility would be where the offices, indoor practicing facility, a multiple story gymnasium/ dance area for across the floors and for other corps to stay there for our home show, room for each separate section (trumpets, mellos, tenors, etc.). There would be a garage for the corps vehicles.

The bathing facilities would be top NOTCH.

There would be a high school with an amazing field within 5 minutes of the complex for the home shows.

How about a high tech floor with LEDs built in to it? The LEDs could light up from one set to the next. It would make teaching drill more accurate and less time consuming.

Edited by Blue92

a field that is marked correctly (ie when the crown of the field is figured in, an 8:5 from sideline to side line is a slightly different size than an 8:5 from endzone to endzone. you end up with 2.66 steps of extra field if you line only every four steps with no compensation.)

Ultimate drum corps practice facility:

-A field made of pure, unadulterated whipped cream.

-A large statue of Jesus at each endzone.

-Solar panels. Because solar panels make #### look cool.

-A full time theatre troupe that takes the field at water breaks.

-Dungeon facility for brass/perc. arrangers and other essential design personel.

-The Rock. Sits in press box, and repeadetly yells the phrase, "CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'??" to hype up the corps.

-An actual rock. A very large one, located very far away, for the corps to run to when I am upset.

-A petting zoo, for after rehearsal down time.

-Evening rap battles between the corps director and any young guns the wish "ta challenge his SKILLZ." For morale purposes.

Edited by darklordsmiley

How about a high tech floor with LEDs built in to it? The LEDs could light up from one set to the next. It would make teaching drill more accrate and less time consuming.

I've had that idea for a few years now.

I don't know if any of you guys have been, but if you ever get the chance you should go to Pioneer Land. It is the rehearsal facilities for the Pioneer, hence the name, and in the office there is a blue print for the final stage of the land. It is still a long ways off, but as of right now the Land includes:

Main Field with 3 story tower

Secondary Field(guard field) with scaffolding courtesy of the jedis

Large garage that stores the fleet during the winter and during the summer turns into the dinning hall along with couches, ping pong, foozball, and a basketball hoop

Plenty of Parking for the fleet outdoors along with open paved areas for musical sectionals

and most importantly

A nice long street with a stop sign at the end that is great for touching as quickly as you can or tracking to it and back again.

After the money is raised the final phase will have a gym, bingo hall, practice rooms, locker rooms, and offices. It will allow for the corps to hold all of the camps and all functions on sight.

That's the dream

I'm actually pretty good at this because this is one of the tools I use to treat insomnia. I imagine I've won 80 million dollars and what I would do for my corps. Most of the things you mentioned sound great but I have one to include.

Busses. Each bus would be equipped with beds mounted on the sides. 2 or 3 high but comfortable for sleeping. Approximately 5, 7ft long beds to accomodate 1 ft wide 3 ft deep storage by each bed, 2 high, on each side. 20 people to a bus, or 30 max if you add a 3rd row. This would mean 5 to 7 busses for the corps but would eliminate alot of unnecessary interruption of down time between shows for getting off the bus at 3am to unload, find a place to sleep and crash. It would also eliminate alot of re-loading time. This would also be healthier for the corps to sleep laying down and would create a healthier member. Also, 2 coaches, 1 each, for volunteers and staff, or however many it took.