2008 Classic Countdown

My six:

05 Cadets

05 Bluecoats

06 Phantom Regiment

06 Blue Devils

07 Blue Devils

07 Carolina Crown

This change will get more younger people to show up, I think...certainly more than curiosity about 20 year-old shows.

I think you're onto something here. I'll bet that between DCI and the movie theater people, the research shows the greatest potential for growth would be with "fresher" material.

Plus, it's a safe bet that the quality of the production of recently shot video will be better than some of the moldy oldies.

I think it's obvious they're thinking of this more as a recruiting tool then anything.

It's on a school night so they've cut back to only 6 corps so the show will be shorter and students can be home at a reasonable time. The line up will be 6 shows from the last three years which will also correspond to 6 ot the 7 top elite corps (no one else will stand a chance).

The only question is of the top 7 corps who will get left out?

I think it's obvious they're thinking of this more as a recruiting tool then anything.

It's on a school night so they've cut back to only 6 corps so the show will be shorter and students can be home at a reasonable time. The line up will be 6 shows from the last three years which will also correspond to 6 ot the 7 top elite corps (no one else will stand a chance).

The only question is of the top 7 corps who will get left out?

Probably either Cadets or SCV. Cadets have a shot because the majority will vote for 05 out of the last 3 years. SCV might be in trouble b/c 06 and 07 were both great shows and votes might be torn between them. The same argument might be made about crown the last 2 years. Cavies 06 will make it, as will Phantom 06. BD probably 06.

Anyway, my votes will be:

-Cadets 05

-Phantom 06

-Cavies 06

-Bluecoats 06

-SCV 06

-Crown 07

An even better thing that it's not called a ham sandwich this year.

An even better thing that it's not called a ham sandwich this year.

Really....i was hoping we could all get free ham sandwiches this year at the show.... :thumbup: