Favorite audience shout outs?

perhaps an interesting, yet slightly OT question would be the demographics of those who yell "SUTA" at shows. It's often noticeably softer than comparable "yells" (i.e. "vaguard")-- I've always assumed that was because the vast majority of folks yelling "SUTA" were Regiment alums...do people think that's a correct analysis and/or ought to be the case?

OT - But to answer this question........ it's largely because in 1984 at a major show (I can't remember which one) the crowd yelled "SUTA" at the exact same time as the drum major gave the verbal command to start the show. Half the corps couldn't hear the command, so the first note/step off was a complete disaster and it took a good 30 seconds to pull it back together. (It felt like an eternity!) After that one show, two major things happened - 1) Management and staff spread the word that PR fans were no longer allowed to yell SUTA before the show. Of course fans didn't want to see the same disaster happen again, so for several years, there was no SUTA yelled from the stands at all. 2) All drum major commands on the field were changed to visual rather than verbal. As the SUTA yell by the fans has come back through the years, it has never had the same intensity and volume or consistent timing as pre-1984. Maybe that's because many of the fans who were around in the 80's don't yell it because they're still traumatized by the disaster it caused way back when.

Edited by PRAng

You actually listen to that show? Why?

I dont know...because the music's pretty good :doh:

Kingsmen Alumni Corps '07: "Go Grandpa!"

This shouted to my buddy Jerry (who plays a P/V Bari and marched in mid'60's Kingsmen) by his actual grandkids.