Favorite audience shout outs?

We may have had this topic before, with the usual suspects (the Blue Devils moisture saga, Star's flammable infants, Madison fans' masochistic tendencies, etc.), but we may have some new gems after this past season. So what's the funniest, most obnoxious, or downright craziest thing you've ever heard someone yell at a show...or have yelled yourself?

• Like 1

All shows from BD, all times on the recordings (CD recordings) I have:

92 - "I'm wet!" - 9:15, just before the last drum fill into When a Man Loves a Woman

93 - Haven't heard one, but also haven't listened very closely.

94 - "I'm still wet!" - 2:03, right before the bass feature.

95 - "I'm (still) soaked" - 5:42, at the end of their ballad. Sounds like the two guys couldn't agree what to say, because one said "I'm soaked" and the other said "I'm still soaked."

96 - "I'm dripping wet!" - 3:20, right before the end of the opener.

97 - "I'm still dry!" (?) - 4:16, right before the beginning of the soprano solo in A Night in Tunisia. They might be saying "I'm still wet," but I really can't tell.

98 - "I'm soaking wet!" - 6:58-7:00, right before the snare feature in "Cool."

• Haha 1

Also, does anyone else remember the controversy over the comment heard on Boston's '05 recording in the intro to "Sing, Sang, Sung?" Even after confirmation from Boston members and volunteers, there were some who refused to believe that the guy (a staff member) was saying "Yeah, get funky, woo!" and not "Yeah, you're f***ing good."

I've always enjoyed hearing the throngs yell, "Get the Raid, Mildred! Them's a heap of hornets comin' this way!"

I think I heard something along those lines during the May Fly Show Of 1996 (Port Clinton, OH). That was one heck of a swarm.

'96 Madison, during Malaguena:

Fan, thinking first big hit of closer is coming, yells "SPANK ME!!!". Corps continues to play quietly. Another fan, in obvious disgust, yells back "SHUT UP!!!".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Go Ian...

• Like 3

None. I think they're lame.