Predictions for Scholastic World?

My sources tell me that Shen was amazing at Mid-York Championships yesterday!

I'll take some of that money :) because once again CHESHIRE will be the suprise and Shenendehowa will drop a couple of notches. Only time will tell now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Warren Central in exhibition at the Tri-State Championship event this weekend and they were ON FIRE ! Weapons had a particularly impressive run, and the final flag ensemble statement brought the crowd to their feet. If they were "on the bubble" before, their performance on Saturday night moved them much more in the direction of "definite finalist".

I'll take some of that money :) because once again CHESHIRE will be the suprise and Shenendehowa will drop a couple of notches. Only time will tell now.

WHAT? WHat's up with saying Chesire will "be the surprise?" They are ranked like FOURTH or something..... what will be the big "surpise" there? THey will go from fourth to, ...say, ....fourth?

And Shen is only ranked like 9th.... so they will go from say, ....9th to .....9th?

Not sure what you mean by "the big surprise." Sounds like you are predicting they stay the exact same to me. No surprises there. Sounds like the same old boring prediction that is called "the ranking."

Anyone else bored of this conversation? I'm envisioning a bunch of us couch potatoes all posting on these boards our predictions while the kids are some where in a gym laughing at us. Anyone else? Sorry - just over here chuckling at myself. Looking forward to watching all the groups, in ALL classes, regrdless if placement which is going to be more determined by panel than anythibng else. White flag a-waving over here...... I'm out.

See you all out there. Travel safe. Sorry I'll be missing a lot of the one of classes due to commitments but looking forward to watching the rest of you.

I am getting concerned about my dear Diamond BAr.. I need to see their insane vocabulary saturday night!!!

Rankings mean nothing when it comes to WGI. Kennesaw Mountain was perfect example of that two years ago. Going into WGI if you had said they would be anywhere other than dead last people would have laughed.

I am getting concerned about my dear Diamond BAr.. I need to see their insane vocabulary saturday night!!!

I'd say if there is one group from that first block that is going to knock someone out of a finals spot in that next block, it's going to be Diamond Bar. . . It's going to come down to Diamond Bar's vocab Vs. Seminole's execution. At this point, it's anyone's guess!??! :-) Tah Kiddos!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Rankings mean nothing when it comes to WGI. Kennesaw Mountain was perfect example of that two years ago. Going into WGI if you had said they would be anywhere other than dead last people would have laughed.

Soooooooooo true! Just look at the 2007 IO rankings vs actual placements/scores at WGI. A few guards moved up or down as many as 7 spots while others obtained an actual score that was anywhere up to 8 (+/-) points away from their projected score. Only 3 guards in the entire class actually finished in the spot they were ranked in.

True True. . . .they got clobbered by everyone like a week before WGI at the Nashville Regional, I think Centerville and Winston Churchill put a 10 POINT spread on them at that regional. . .and BAM the next week or maybe 2?? (not sure) they came back and beat BOTH groups at WGI and finished 7th? (I think that's where they ended up). . . .anyway. . .they were slotted literally at the bottom and performed quite early in prelims.. . so it goes to show, anything can happen!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

i'm very attracted to northview's show "ripple effect".it's haunting soundtrack[by phillip glass/michael reisman]and beautiful production values enhance these performers skills and proficiency and i find myself drawn into their compelling show.

lovely stageing,lush ensemble flag work,expressive sabre and rifle vocabulary and sensitive choreography all blend together to create a wonderful artistic statement.

the design team is comprised of daniel holland,jonathon vanderkolff,katie and michael townsend with costumes by tommy keenum.

attention should be paid.

Edited by dugg