St Patricks Day Parades

Marty and I almost missed backing each other up on this one. :w00t:

St Patricks Day is coming up, what corps are at what parades?

Hanover Lancers - Sat Mar 15th, York, PA. Doing a concert at the square little after noon and the parade starts around 1PM.

Last few years York and Harrisburg held their parades different weekends but this year are on the same day. Bad move Harrisburg as York parade is more established and the green corps :huh: likes doing parades and standstills. :huh:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty and I almost missed backing each other up on this one. :w00t:

Hanover Lancers - Sat Mar 15th, York, PA. Doing a concert at the square little after noon and the parade starts around 1PM.

Last few years York and Harrisburg held their parades different weekends but this year are on the same day. Bad move Harrisburg as York parade is more established and the green corps :huh: likes doing parades and standstills. :huh:

Already DONE with ours!

Today, Kingston, NY. (I know.. HOW can they hold a St. Patty's Day parade this early?)

LONG one (for me, at least). About 2-1/2 miles.

Pretty large, appreciative crowd.

Some of the CB! guys, playing with TCL (a great bunch of people).

Edited by brassomaniac

Next Saturday, March 15, the Cabs Alumni will be in Scranton, PA once again for their big parade. This is at least the fourth consecutive year we've been there.

All parades - http://www.saintpatricksdayparade.com/

Mar 16th - Scituate, Mass. Boston Crusader Sr Corps

Gates School, Scituate -- Scituate's 11th annual St. Patrick's Day parade is popular along the South Shore and Cape Cod communities. The parade ends at the scenic Scituate Harbor. Scituate is nicknamed the Irish Riviera, since many Irish politicians like James Michael Curley and the Kennedy's liked to vacation there in summer.(1:00 p.m.)

Mar 30th - Manchester, NH

http://www.saintpatsnh.com/

Muchachos, Inc - Light Brigade - St Kevin's Emerald Knights

and and coming big parade - bigger than Scituate

Mar 30th Holoyoke , Ma

2008 Holyoke Saint Patrick's Day Parade March 30th, 2008

Downtown Holyoke - The 54th annual Holyoke Parade is reckoned to be one of the largest in the nation. The parade is the culmination of numerous Irish events in March that celebrate the Irish community of western Massachusetts, many of whom emigrated from County Kerry and the Blasket Islands in the 20th century. (Noon) 411 533-1700

There used to be a lot of drum corps at this parade...

Edited by paradiddle

Bridgemen will be in Bayonne, (Where else???) this coming Sunday, March 16th!

Step off is 1:00 pm.

Best vantage points are 9th Street, (by the Bayonne Diner), or at the reviewing stand, located at

41st Street and Avenue C.

We will be playing our 2007 "tribute" song to 27th Lancers...

"Danny Boy".

We will also be playing our opener...

"Shaft".

And don't forget our DrumFest on Saturday, March 15th, at St. Andrew's Church, 4th & Broadway!!!

Shaping up to be a terrific show, and the first appearance of the 2008 Bayonne Bridgemen!!!

HYPE!!!!!!

Bridgemen will be in Bayonne, (Where else???) this coming Sunday, March 16th!

Step off is 1:00 pm.

Best vantage points are 9th Street, (by the Bayonne Diner), or at the reviewing stand, located at

41st Street and Avenue C.

We will be playing our 2007 "tribute" song to 27th Lancers...

"Danny Boy".

We will also be playing our opener...

"Shaft".

And don't forget our DrumFest on Saturday, March 15th, at St. Andrew's Church, 4th & Broadway!!!

Shaping up to be a terrific show, and the first appearance of the 2008 Bayonne Bridgemen!!!

HYPE!!!!!!

Good idea, for Memorial Day and 4th of July parade threads I'll ask for the reps too. :huh:

Lancers concert will include:

Georgia On My Mind (Spirit of Atlanta/Mighty St Joes type)

Hang 'Em High

Winter Duck (Drum Solo)

Stars and Stripes Forever (aka Starzan :huh: )

You'll Never Walk Alone (corps theme)

Hang 'em, Starzan and Never Walk are also our parade tunes.

Corps is working on a Beatle Medley for our next concert in April at Winchester, Va. (Some poor ol' re-bearded 3rd Bari is spending a lot of time in the cellar memorizing charts. :w00t: )

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Yankee Rebels will be in downtown Baltimore on Sunday, March 16. A great parade and well attended but many stops and starts. All the Irish dance groups I guess. We play an abbreviated version of Johnny Comes Marching Home, Yankee Doodle, Grand Old Flag and of course, Great Day for the Irish!

Edited by Robbie Ellis

Marty and I almost missed backing each other up on this one. :huh:

Last few years York and Harrisburg held their parades different weekends but this year are on the same day. Bad move Harrisburg as York parade is more established and the green corps :huh: likes doing parades and standstills. :w00t:

Good Catch, Jim.

I turned on the TV yesterday and saw Philly was having their St. Patrick's Day parade already.

What kind of Blarney is that?

No wonder Reilly is going to Las Vegas.

I can see Cliffie explaining this; "You know, Norm, it's a little known fact that St. Patrick's original plan was to sneak up on the snakes a week earlier and thus, some cities erroneously hold their parades a week too soon."

"It's true, you look it up."

:huh:

The Steel City Ambassadors will be at the Pittsburgh, Pa. St. Patrick's Day Parade which (so they claim [and I don't doubt it]) is the 2nd largest St. Patrick's Day parade in the nation this Saturday, March 15th. Then that evening we are doing an exhibition at a guard show at North Gate H.S. just north of Pittsburgh. Sunday, March 16th will find us at the Youngstown, Ohio St. Patrick's Day Paraed where we will be defending our title for the 7th consecutive time.