Macy's band?

I jstu got my acceptance letter to march in the macy great american marching band. I was jsut curious what my fellow dcpers though of this aprticular group particularly visually. Any particular corps that they seem to be like visually. Obviously every one has a different visual book. Its not a competition but it sure is a public performance that(sadly) gets way more viewers than dci finals does. Anyway im asking because i would like to knwo what to expect going into this activity, since i havent had the chance to watch the parade the last couple years i was wonderin what you all thought. Im looking for comparisons of Specific corps visual book compared to this band and visual quality in comparison to the "average" top 5 corps

After just watching a video, lasts year's group marched with a traditional roll-step and played SIng, Sing, Sing

on the perform mat. The Cameras focused on the dance team the whole time and the band stood still.

So they don't really have a visual book like a dci corps. So, excpect to march in a block the whole time if

it's like last year. The band sounded great, so that's a plus.

One never really considers a visual book when talking about a parade. The purposes of parades are so different from field shows.

That said, you've got an amazing opportunity and enjoy it for what it is...one of the world's best known parades on two national networks in the greatest city in America. You'll love it and congratulations on being accepted into the band.

ok, thanks. Like i said i hadnt seen it the last couple of years. There is so much variation between different groups. i sure will make the best of it all. THanks!

I jstu got my acceptance letter to march in the macy great american marching band. I was jsut curious what my fellow dcpers though of this aprticular group particularly visually. Any particular corps that they seem to be like visually. Obviously every one has a different visual book. Its not a competition but it sure is a public performance that(sadly) gets way more viewers than dci finals does. Anyway im asking because i would like to knwo what to expect going into this activity, since i havent had the chance to watch the parade the last couple years i was wonderin what you all thought. Im looking for comparisons of Specific corps visual book compared to this band and visual quality in comparison to the "average" top 5 corps
It's a parade band dude....WHAT visual book?? March straight and try not to trip over your own feet!!

It's a parade band dude....WHAT visual book?? March straight and try not to trip over your own feet!!

Well, there has to be a marching style that is used. And there are many bands that do drill in parades...maybe that is what this poster is used to, thus the question.

And there are many bands that do drill in parades...maybe that is what this poster is used to, thus the question.

Especially Macys at the reviewing stand. Anyone have the link to the All-Star Drum Corps from the 90s(?) doing their routine?

Especially Macys at the reviewing stand. Anyone have the link to the All-Star Drum Corps from the 90s(?) doing their routine?

There is a video on youtube of that band. IIRC, they stopped in front of the judges booth and did a tune that actually had drill and what not, like a miniature field show.