March Camp! Madison style, here we come.

Question, are they using G Bugles this year?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Andy, thanks for coming to check us out and thanks for the CD's!

Weedy - I've got a box of about 80 more of those cd's. What's the date of next camp? I'll bring some more up, if I'm free.

The line is split 7/8/9 - lead/2nd/3rd's.

Don't let Dann Peterson hear you call them 3rd's....they are LASTS! haha

:rolleyes:

Weedy - I've got a box of about 80 more of those cd's. What's the date of next camp? I'll bring some more up, if I'm free.

The next camp is April 4-6. I hope you can come check us out again... I've heard that we'll have more music. Those CD's are awesome! :laughing: I've got them in now at Kelly's house. :rolleyes:

-Weedy

Don't let Dann Peterson hear you call them 3rd's....they are LASTS! haha

:rolleyes:

I think we're actually calling them "foundations" That sounds a lot more important. :laughing:

-Weedy

I think we're actually calling them "foundations" That sounds a lot more important. :rolleyes:

-Weedy

See, when Dann was marching, he would NOT let you call his subsection of the sopranos, "3rds"...they were always always LASTS. lol

Just ask him next time you see him if he played 3rd or LAST soprano? :laughing:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

See, when Dann was marching, he would NOT let you call his subsection of the sopranos, "3rds"...they were always always LASTS. lol

Just ask him next time you see him if he played 3rd or LAST soprano? :rolleyes:

Hey someone's got to hold down the fort right? Just not many people do it as long as Dann did :laughing: ... seriously though... our foundation sopranos are cool about it , and the way Tacco set up the section, there's some of those guys on third that could play lead, but Tacco tried to spread the talent throughout each part so that not one part is stacked more than another.

-Weedy

Hey someone's got to hold down the fort right? Just not many people do it as long as Dann did :laughing: ... seriously though... our foundation sopranos are cool about it , and the way Tacco set up the section, there's some of those guys on third that could play lead, but Tacco tried to spread the talent throughout each part so that not one part is stacked more than another.

-Weedy

That's actually a great way to do it...the only problem is, with classic Madison horn books, you NEEDED the guys who could play lead on lead...because it was usually so stratospheric that only a few were up to the task. I'm not saying that's not how things are now, that's just what I know of how things were when I marched. Our splits and "lasts" were all solid technical players, but usually didn't have the extreme range. All really good strong players though. We had 7 leads in '96 because it took 7 leads to be able to cover that one...hopefully that's the case this year as well!! :rolleyes:

-Weedy

Through all the conversation here and there, Weedy (and ALL you 2008 Scouts)... just enjoy the experience of being there. You have walked into an organization that will never forget you, and that no one can ever take away from you.

Several corps have this type of legacy associated with them, and it's equally special to them. But only a few still have alumni from 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 years ago still showing up for an Alumni Reunion performance or to check things out at practice. You guys are carrying the torch now... and no matter what the hype is, being a Madison Scout in any year is something you will remember for the rest of your life as being one of the most important experiences of your life.

But as with any experience worth doing as you go along in life, you'll get out of it what only you put into it. So no matter where you wind up in the big scheme of things come August, do your best and it will be GREAT!! It's great to hear things are exciting and going well at camp! :rolleyes: