Pioneer Brass and Guard spots available

Brand new King Bb/F horns...brand new Pearl Drums...Roman has "garrnteed" new guard equipment...and the cost of fuel probably also have something to do with dues raise. The unique S.O.P.Y. program has many students getting most of their dues paid through sponsors.

I have been told that it still lower than most (if not all) major touring corps. The corps does not without the necessities on tour, I will say that. They eat VERY well.

Donny

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any fundraisers available to help a potential member out with tour fees? While $1,700 is very reasonable compared to other corps this season it's still a chunk of change for a student who already has so many other financial obligations.

Do you have any fundraisers available to help a potential member out with tour fees? While $1,700 is very reasonable compared to other corps this season it's still a chunk of change for a student who already has so many other financial obligations.

Well they said they have sponsorships...

Not sure if thats what you meant

I believe that there are a couple of world class corps that are cheaper than $1,700.... but not many.

It is amazing how much tour fees have gone up in the last 10 years.

The S.O.P.Y forms are very easy to use, you could actually just mail them out to a bunch of people because the form comes as a letter.....last time I checked there is also a scholarship opportunity offered by the Royal Airs but I am not sure about that one........... p.s. if anyone would like to sponsor me for the summer I would greatly appreciate it. Just PM me and I will send you a form.

Lee Walton

Pioneer Lead Soprano 07', Trumpet 08'

Edited by Littlehendrix

The SOPY program is by all means the most successful fundraising program that Pioneer has for its members. It does require some work on the part of the members, but I know of several people who have raised a good portion of their dues utilizing the SOPY forms. For more information on the SOPY program, please visit our website (www.pioneer-corps.org) and click on "Sponsor a Member" on the main menu. Also, be sure to check out our Forum as there is a whole thread there dedicated to great ideas on how to maximize the effectiveness of the SOPY forms.

In one 2 minute pitch to the Alumni corps I teach, I had close to $300 for my sons dues. Since then more has come in from that same pitch. It is also a tax write off for contributors.

You would be suprised at how easy it is with the right audience to get sponsorship money, especially from people that attend DCI, DCA or have been in any form of drum corps before. VFW and AL members Rotary clubs, etc are good places to start.

I also think that the dues of these touring corps is rather steep, but at Pioneer, I am satisfied that the kids will get what they pay for. Pioneer students eat and travel well, I know from experience from working there, and compared to other corps where I have worked.

Donny

Florida is beginning to look very promising for Pioneer in our attempt to fill the corps. We will probably have a couple more mini camps for interested students at some point soon. Stay tuned for details...

Next full camp isnt until April 26th weekend in Milwaukee.

http://www.pioneer-corps.org for more infomation on membership and S.O.P.Y. forms.

414 327 2847 Milwaukee Office

As far as I know, every Sunday we go to church if our schedule permits.