An idea that needs to come to life

This idea has not improved since you first proposed it last September, and judging by the fact that you're asking for it again (instead of continuing the old thread), I have to guess that you didn't get the help you needed six months ago.

And six months from now, it will still be an idea whose time has not come.

Despite being a Cavaliers alum, I can't speak for the rest of my brothers, but I cringe at the idea. And I think I'd cringe as much no matter what corps you chose.

Like the vast majority of respondents stated the last time you floated this idea, please don't do it.

If you wish to be in good taste, you can ask the moderators to close the thread. If you give yourself another six months, you can come up with another idea. I wish you luck in thinking of something that wouldn't be so divisive to drum corps fans and all those who are troubled by the idea.

I need your help and for a good reason.

http://www.estatevaults.com/lm/images/%20Iwo%20Jima.jpg

That is a picture of American troops rasing the flag over Iwo Jima, Japan in world war II. What I need is this picture photoshopped so instead of US soldiers, one is dressed like a Cavalier one is dressed like a Blue Devil ect. It is for a project about hard work and determination.

If it's possible, let me know.

Is this a homework assignment or school project? If it is really a "project about hard work and determination", maybe you should spend some time learning about photoshop and figure out the project yourself.

And a last year someone had the same idea with the firefighters at the WTC during 9/11.

Edit: Never mind I didn't remember last years thread correctly....

Check the casuality figures for Iwo Jima and rethink if this is a good idea.

Irony is I just bought DVDs of the "Victory At Sea" series from years ago. VaS was a 26 episode TV series that used actual Navy film footage from WWII. No recreations, no computer generated, everything on the screen is real. And VaS was not shy about showing the wounded or dead on both sides, not sure if that could be done today on network TV. Haven't seen the Iwo Jima episode yet but sure it's just as gut wrenching as the two I watched so far. Watch that and keep telling yourself "this is the real thing". Then see if you still think this is a good idea.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

If this is about hard work and teamwork, one could use some sort of "Rosie the Riveter" re-creation, which is from that same WWII era.

Is this a homework assignment or school project? If it is really a "project about hard work and determination", maybe you should spend some time learning about photoshop and figure out the project yourself.

There you go, ruining a perfectly good thread with logic. :)

My Father is a Marine.

My Brother is a Marine.

I'll make sure they don't hear about this.

They would hit the road on a seek and destroy mission . . .

AzWeThinkem would be ShouldaNeverThunkIt . . .

I need your help and for a good reason.

http://www.estatevaults.com/lm/images/%20Iwo%20Jima.jpg

That is a picture of American troops rasing the flag over Iwo Jima, Japan in world war II. What I need is this picture photoshopped so instead of US soldiers, one is dressed like a Cavalier one is dressed like a Blue Devil ect. It is for a project about hard work and determination.

If it's possible, let me know.

yo, pretty handy with photoshop over here, any other ideas you want in there

yo, pretty handy with photoshop over here, any other ideas you want in there

lmao. i wasn't expecting someone to actually be like OK!