TOS TICKETS ON SALE

The post by jamesdrum007 are his thoughts/comments and not those of others in our organization. The only reason why I am saying this is that he has our corps emblem next to his name. If he did not have that emblem there then I would not post my comments and let Bob H's post be the last word. I hope my friends in the Bridgemen know we would never insult their organization with a post like that. See you all in Bayonne.

Joe

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post by jamesdrum007 are his thoughts/comments and not those of others in our organization. The only reason why I am saying this is that he has our corps emblem next to his name. If he did not have that emblem there then I would not post my comments and let Bob H's post be the last word. I hope my friends in the Bridgemen know we would never insult their organization with a post like that. See you all in Bayonne.

Joe

Joe,

Please know that my comments were never intended to insult either the Bridgemen members nor their organization. I do not speak as a representative of Blessed Sacrament, nor do I speak as a representative of the Raiders. I speak only as a parent. FYI my son Ryan recently completed his fifth successful year marching with the Raiders. As parents we would attend as many of his shows as possible, including the DCI Championships held each year in Buffalo, Madison, Foxboro, Denver, Pasadena.

I've also attended every TOS show since its reincarnation and I thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. Each year I would be disappointed that my son's corps, the Raiders, were not performing in the TOS show. With fewer drum corps shows occuring each year, there are fewer performance opportunities for all the hours of hard work that they invest. The Raiders are an excellent DCI competing corps. They even won the DCI Div. III World Championships in Foxboro. So the question I raised as a parent was why aren't the Raiders invited. Please don't read too much into this. I'm disappointed that you would be so judgmental to presume that a question from a parent about his son's appearance in a show would be deemed insulting. I just feel that those kids have a good drum corps and deserve every performance opportunity that they can get. Hence the question. Thanks.

And that's the bottom line,isnt it? :w00t:

yes. :dancin:

Joe

Thank you, Joe.

Your explanation wasn't necessary, but is much appreciated.

We know that the relationship between Sac, and the Bridgemen is very strong!

We also know that things on the internet can frequently get very convoluted!!!

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of your crew at the TOS!!!!!!

Joe,

Please know that my comments were never intended to insult either the Bridgemen members nor their organization. I do not speak as a representative of Blessed Sacrament, nor do I speak as a representative of the Raiders. I speak only as a parent. FYI my son Ryan recently completed his fifth successful year marching with the Raiders. As parents we would attend as many of his shows as possible, including the DCI Championships held each year in Buffalo, Madison, Foxboro, Denver, Pasadena.

I've also attended every TOS show since its reincarnation and I thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. Each year I would be disappointed that my son's corps, the Raiders, were not performing in the TOS show. With fewer drum corps shows occuring each year, there are fewer performance opportunities for all the hours of hard work that they invest. The Raiders are an excellent DCI competing corps. They even won the DCI Div. III World Championships in Foxboro. So the question I raised as a parent was why aren't the Raiders invited. Please don't read too much into this. I'm disappointed that you would be so judgmental to presume that a question from a parent about his son's appearance in a show would be deemed insulting. I just feel that those kids have a good drum corps and deserve every performance opportunity that they can get. Hence the question. Thanks.

I think it's a fair question and it deserves a public answer. It's the Tournament of Stars, right??? Doing a check on the Raiders web site, they are one of the most succesful corps in their division from the state of New Jersey. They have a history of Circuit Chamapionships and DCI Medals. Sounds like a "Star" to me.

So now that the Cadets are no longer in the show, I guess that opens up a spot for another corps.

I think it's a fair question and it deserves a public answer. It's the Tournament of Stars, right??? Doing a check on the Raiders web site, they are one of the most succesful corps in their division from the state of New Jersey. They have a history of Circuit Chamapionships and DCI Medals. Sounds like a "Star" to me.

So now that the Cadets are no longer in the show, I guess that opens up a spot for another corps.

And you are?

Is all of this really necessary? We are holding a show. We invited some corps. We can't invite all of them. If any particular corps has not been invited, maybe there is a reason, maybe there is not, but this is certainly not the forum to discuss it or question it.

:tongue: Edited by BigDale

And, now...

Back to our regularly scheduled thread:

Tickets for The Bridgemen's home show "Tournament Of Stars", which will be held on June 14th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. in Bayonne, N.J. are now on sale.

The TOS will feature the following corps in exhibition:

Selden Cadets Alumni Corps of Selden, NY

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights Alumni Corps of Newark, NJ

Park City Pride Alumni Corps of Bridgeport, CT

Preston Scout House Alumni Corps of Canada

Bushwackers All-Age Corps of Harrison, NJ

Caballeros Alumni Corps of Hawthorne, NJ

Jersey Surf Junior Corps of Berlin, NJ

and your host,

The Bridgemen Alumni Corps of Bayonne, NJ!

Tickets are: In advance: Adults $12, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $8, Children 5 & under are free

At the gate: Adults $15, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $10, Children 5 & under are free.

Tickets are available in advance, at the DISCOUNTED rate, as follows:

1) Order through PAYPAL at Bridgemen.com ...

2) Order by mail: write your name,address & number of tickets and send a check or money order along with a SASE to:

Bridgemen

P.O. Box 354

Bayonne, N.J. 07002

Don't miss out on this GREAT NIGHT OF ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

ONLY THREE WEEKS FROM THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!

HYPE!!!!!!

...and Brother Jim,... where is my Luxury Box Seat????

And, now...

Back to our regularly scheduled thread:

Tickets for The Bridgemen's home show "Tournament Of Stars", which will be held on June 14th, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. in Bayonne, N.J. are now on sale.

The TOS will feature the following corps in exhibition:

Selden Cadets Alumni Corps of Selden, NY

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights Alumni Corps of Newark, NJ

Park City Pride Alumni Corps of Bridgeport, CT

Preston Scout House Alumni Corps of Canada

Bushwackers All-Age Corps of Harrison, NJ

Caballeros Alumni Corps of Hawthorne, NJ

Jersey Surf Junior Corps of Berlin, NJ

and your host,

The Bridgemen Alumni Corps of Bayonne, NJ!

Tickets are: In advance: Adults $12, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $8, Children 5 & under are free

At the gate: Adults $15, Senior Citizens $10, Children 6-13 $10, Children 5 & under are free.

Tickets are available in advance, at the DISCOUNTED rate, as follows:

1) Order through PAYPAL at Bridgemen.com ...

2) Order by mail: write your name,address & number of tickets and send a check or money order along with a SASE to:

Bridgemen

P.O. Box 354

Bayonne, N.J. 07002

Don't miss out on this GREAT NIGHT OF ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!

ONLY THREE WEEKS FROM THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!

HYPE!!!!!!