The OFFICIAL "What Theater Are You Going To?" Thread

I'll be at Birmingham / Trussville.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's ONLY ten dollars, but there's NO WAY I'm forking out 10 bucks to see those shows, even though there's a theater right up I-45 about a mile. I'll take the 10 dollars, go buy a few What-A-Burgers, come back to the house watch the 1980 DCI Championship from Birmingham. DCI's already skating on thin ice with me and they better not pull this "No older shows" Countdown Crape' again next year......

Touche LSU!

Yeah, it's ONLY ten dollars, but there's NO WAY I'm forking out 10 bucks to see those shows, even though there's a theater right up I-45 about a mile. I'll take the 10 dollars, go buy a few What-A-Burgers, come back to the house watch the 1980 DCI Championship from Birmingham. DCI's already skating on thin ice with me and they better not pull this "No older shows" Countdown Crape' again next year......

I hear ya - but throw in Phantom & North Star from 79. Maybe SCV too. Requium was brutal ($0.02 to Boo)

enjoy being bitter.

~>conner

enjoy being bitter.

~>conner

He's not being bitter - There's just not anything showing worth spending hard earned dollars on in this offering. We've all seen these shows recently. I may go simply to meet other Drum Corps fans in the area but I completely understand where he is coming from.

He's not being bitter - There's just not anything showing worth spending hard earned dollars on in this offering. We've all seen these shows recently. I may go simply to meet other Drum Corps fans in the area but I completely understand where he is coming from.

Meh, to each their own. Personally I'm much happier with a greatest hits collection from the past three years of DCI than I would be if the shows were from the first three years instead. I can't imagine I would pay money to see a bunch of shows from 1972-1974, so I can understand if someone doesn't want to pay money to see a bunch of shows from 2005-2007.

That said, I would agree that it's awfully petty to protest the selection of those shows so angrily on a website where you know that a large majority of the people reading your words are looking forward to the event. LSU Grad's post conjures up an image of a young kid poking at a hornet's nest, or stomping on an anthill, just to see the commotion that ensues.

Meh, to each their own. Personally I'm much happier with a greatest hits collection from the past three years of DCI than I would be if the shows were from the first three years instead. I can't imagine I would pay money to see a bunch of shows from 1972-1974, so I can understand if someone doesn't want to pay money to see a bunch of shows from 2005-2007.

That said, I would agree that it's awfully petty to protest the selection of those shows so angrily on a website where you know that a large majority of the people reading your words are looking forward to the event. LSU Grad's post conjures up an image of a young kid poking at a hornet's nest, or stomping on an anthill, just to see the commotion that ensues.

Well, you are wrong about him. I know the man personally. I'm sure that was not his intent. Enjoy the show - by the way!! :tongue:

Edited by BigSnareline