Most difficult trumpet feature

You did call it fake.

Spreading false rumors makes you just as guilty as whoever started the rumor.

Dude. Don't be a tool. I said that is what I heard.

I don't care what you think. Saying that I HEARD something (which was from a member of cadets mind you) and saying that it WAS fake is a big difference. Besides, I don't care if was or wasn't smoke and mirrors. I think the show is just as cool no matter what.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much of an opinion either way on the 2000 Cadets trumpet feature. Whether or not it was true, in 2004 I was told by a female member of the 2000 trumpet line (she volunteered and I rode the volunteer bus that year) that at any given point in time, one of the lines of players were playing the lick on their own horns.

To contribute to the thread, '93 Blue Devils starting at the 4:54 mark. Yeah, it's sops and mellos, and I don't think the sop part was particularly difficult for this phrase, but with the mellophones underneath it sounds amazing.

I thought I was the only one who thought that sounds amazing.

Dude. Don't be a tool. I said that is what I heard.

I don't care what you think. Saying that I HEARD something (which was from a member of cadets mind you) and saying that it WAS fake is a big difference. Besides, I don't care if was or wasn't smoke and mirrors. I think the show is just as cool no matter what.

Good job resorting to personal attacks :grouphug:

I thought I was the only one who thought that sounds amazing.

That little bit of music at the 4:54 mark with the triplet/duplet figures going on is one of my favorite DCI music moments EVER. It has been ever since I saw BD live in 93. That was a wall of sound.

I don't think it was that hard, though. I tried arranging it once for the military band I was in, and it was actually pretty easy.

Woah woah woah..sister? First, I didn't say that YOU called it fake. I was implying that a lot of people were saying that it was fake. No need to resort to namecalling bro. I was just clearing up the facts for you. And second, I'm sure whomever that person who told you it was fake was pulling your chain. No need to become a jerk buddy.

If saying sister makes me a jerk than ok. I am a jerk.... or it might make you a bit over-sensitive.

I went on to praise your drum corps and praise the show you marched as well, but somehow you get hung up on one word.

I have been reading DCP for a while and I am very familiar with your posts. You overreact just about every time anyone says something negative about the cadets. I remember quite a few posts from this past season that fit that description. Just settle down and recognize a compliment when you see one. There are very few Cadets fans represented here on DCP and believe me I am one of them. I received my Maroon & Gold newsletter yesterday actually. So, calm down. I am not questioning the validity of what you accomplished and I am surely not against the corps you marched.

If saying sister makes me a jerk than ok. I am a jerk.... or it might make you a bit over-sensitive.

I went on to praise your drum corps and praise the show you marched as well, but somehow you get hung up on one word.

I have been reading DCP for a while and I am very familiar with your posts. You overreact just about every time anyone says something negative about the cadets. I remember quite a few posts from this past season that fit that description. Just settle down and recognize a compliment when you see one. There are very few Cadets fans represented here on DCP and believe me I am one of them. I received my Maroon & Gold newsletter yesterday actually. So, calm down. I am not questioning the validity of what you accomplished and I am surely not against the corps you marched.

I didn't overreact. I offered to clear something up for you. You are the one who overreacted by stating that I said you called the lick fake, which I did not, and then you resort to name calling,nnot just to me, but to someone else. I respect the fact that you are Cadet fan, but before you try calling the kettle black, why don't you take a look in your own house before you try cleaning someone elses.

That little bit of music at the 4:54 mark with the triplet/duplet figures going on is one of my favorite DCI music moments EVER. It has been ever since I saw BD live in 93. That was a wall of sound.

I don't think it was that hard, though. I tried arranging it once for the military band I was in, and it was actually pretty easy.

..and the fact that it's just a triplet/dublet figure makes it even more great to listen to in my opinion.

I didn't overreact. I offered to clear something up for you. You are the one who overreacted by stating that I said you called the lick fake, which I did not, and then you resort to name calling,nnot just to me, but to someone else. I respect the fact that you are Cadet fan, but before you try calling the kettle black, why don't you take a look in your own house before you try cleaning someone elses.

Thanks. I will make sure to clear everything through you before I post. Please continue to teach me.