How Will Phantom Portray "I Am Spartacus!"?

Amplified voice? It took regiment till 2006 to even add a guy to the CG. Nothing wrong w/ voice, don't get me wrong...but regiment and the alumni support are based entirely on what has made PR great. Presence is the word i like to use for this specific corps...

Classy? Sure. In a one word summary though classy should be substituted for classic when talking about PR. Leaving G bugles, hearing the word amplification and seeing scores that reflect more reward for details than fan 'friendlyness' make older dci fans cringe but regiment never blinks. They do what they do best every year and without compromise and that is why we love them. Its a feeling like comming home... so yeah- no amps =) this year

my 2 cents

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phantom had men in the colorguard way before 2006. there was the all male guard known as the raiders early on in pr's history

well, since you started it: (from their website) http://www.regiment.org/history.cfm

'In 1963, the Regiment fielded an all-male corps, including the color guard, with mixed results. The all-girl guard returned in 1964 and, with the help of a very successful recruiting drive, the Phantom Regiment, sporting a new set of military uniforms, had its most successful year.'

So even though for decades every other corps fielded men and women cg members, PR didnt until '06. So, with '63 as the exception, I believe my point still remains valid.

geesh...does everyone nit pick on this site?

and lay on some "what-a-malin' heat"

and the guard can do some martha graham, bob fosse and twila number!

Oooh, I like it muy mucho. I think we've just come up with a new show concept for Phantom. It's "Spartacus" meets "a quick history of modern dance" with a little bit of Ginastera thrown in for the needed south of the border reference.

well, since you started it: (from their website) http://www.regiment.org/history.cfm

'In 1963, the Regiment fielded an all-male corps, including the color guard, with mixed results. The all-girl guard returned in 1964 and, with the help of a very successful recruiting drive, the Phantom Regiment, sporting a new set of military uniforms, had its most successful year.'

So even though for decades every other corps fielded men and women cg members, PR didnt until '06. So, with '63 as the exception, I believe my point still remains valid.

geesh...does everyone nit pick on this site?

yes. they must. so i shall...um, 2005 had a guy in the guard as the Gene Kelly character.

Last year's show wasn't bad, was it? I thought they had some good moments.

no, musically it was absolutely lovely. but the theme seemed either disjointed or unfulfilled in some way.

staging wasn't as great it could have been either.

and before any of the nonsense that has occurred with arguments in the other threads...I AM A PHAN. thx