Dear East Coast tenor drummers

Me+ Not playing decent Tenors (wasn't even decent when I was at SSquared) + DHL Courier in financial and insurance issues right now = sorry Lee.

Hope you find the last person.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me+ Not playing decent Tenors (wasn't even decent when I was at SSquared) + DHL Courier in financial and insurance issues right now = sorry Lee.

Hope you find the last person.

It's all good, I have a feeling that we'll find him (or her). :guinesssmilie:

And again, finding one last tenor player to fill the line is much more fun than wondering if we will ever get a snare line, or if we will have to pull out of DCA (06).

What some people on the east coast may not understand, is that DCA or All-age corps is not all that popular on the west coast.

When I marched Crossmen in 2005, there was a very very large contingent of members who had already marched a DCA corps on the east coast, before making the jump to div 1.

East coast All-age's are looked at as a great place to get the neccesarry experience to march jr's, as well as the place to go if just love playing, no matter how old you are.

Unfortunitly on the west coast, no high school kids even know what an all-age corps is, let alone want to be a part of it. "DCA WEST" is a "retirment community" in the eyes of California which is very unfortunate.

There is so much amazing talent in CA when it comes to drumming, but the fact the Renegades have to perform dead first at a show, when most people arent even there, they are still buying a hot dog/souvies, and our drumline is in the lot before the gates are even open...it hurts us...alot.

So really, if anyone is out there and your interested, just give it a shot. I did, and now Im going on my 4th year with the corps, 2 of which were before I aged out of DCI.

sounds like out there a need to not feel subservient to DCI is a need that should be addressed.

sounds like out there a need to not feel subservient to DCI is a need that should be addressed.

I don't know if that is the right way to say it. But, senior corps is definitely treated differently on the West Coast than elsewhere in the country. To my knowledge, it is the only region in the United States where senior corps do not receive performance fees for performing in a drum corps show.

The problem is that most of the tenor players around here marched with SCV or BD and as good as we are, most of them think that Senior Corps is a joke.I t is very hard to get those great west coast drummers to buy in to this.On the other hand, the tenor player that wants a job to move out here, I am a Area Manager for a large restaurant chain, send me a audition video and you can have a job at one of my nine restaurants :thumbup:

I "use to think" that Sr. Corps outside the NORTH EAST a JOKE !!! You know south of Maryland and west of Pennsylvania.

Then came:Minnesota Brass, Renegades, CorpsVets, Kilties, Carolina Gold, Music City, ETC.

Not to mention in the smaller Div.: Heat Wave, Govies, Socal Dream.

AND I could mention MANY more that have made a mark on Sr/All Age.

But darn those: BUC'S, Statesmen, Cab's, Brigs, an Bush, are HARD to beat. I do know from what I have been reading. That the Renegades, and Kilties are putting on a BIG push to mess up the Top group this year. AND, who knows what CorpsVets, MCL, and Frontier, might do to make for a VERY interesting year. "Over 1/2" the Top 10 might be from OUTSIDE the Northeast. "More than 1 or 2" in the Top 5. So, I would say things are Changing!

wow...in all seriousness, would an all age corps pay for a members plane fare if they did get a member from the east coast? just curious, and how has that worked in the past?

When I marched Renegades in '06 while I was still living in NYC, I paid my own plane fares to and from the West Coast. So do any other members that commute in.

When I marched Renegades in '06 while I was still living in NYC, I paid my own plane fares to and from the West Coast. So do any other members that commute in.

I know that feeling!!! :thumbup:

But darn those: BUC'S, Statesmen, Cab's, Brigs, an Bush, are HARD to beat.

Those corps are all very good, and very difficult to beat -- moreso when you only see them one weekend a year. That is not a "conspiracy" comment, just the reality of trying to be competitive in a far away circuit where the judges can only get one read of your corps, and that is on the field at the World Championships.