New Stadiums...

eqlou--you beat me to it. I was thinking that some of the soccer-specific stadiums popping up would make great drum corps venues--maybe not Finals or major regionals due to their size but they're just right for most shows.

Agreed. DCA Championships has been held at Paetec Park in Rochester the last 2 years and (Hurricane Ernesto in 06 notwithstanding) it is an excellent venue. Nice field, the crowd is pretty much RIGHTTHERE and a decent amount of seats. The only issue for DCA is that it may be a bit too small as the DCA crowds keep growing...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bull in New York

Technically it's in Harrison NJ

Not a good spot for Finals, but the new stadium at the University of Minnesota would be a great spot for a Reginal or some other big show.

http://www1.umn.edu/stadium/images_stadium...endering_lg.jpg

http://www1.umn.edu/stadium/images_stadium...endering_lg.jpg

OMG open air? Are the crazy? What capacity can they honestly expect in a game in November??

What about the Vikings, where will they play?

OMG open air? Are the crazy? What capacity can they honestly expect in a game in November??

What's wrong with open air stadiums? I've been at many a freezing game in Beaver Stadium, and it just adds to the home-field advantage. It's even better when you're pushing 110,000 people in sub-freezing temperatures :)

Cotton Bowl - 1991

Couldn't tell ya' why it hasn't been in the Lone Star State since.

Cotton Bowl.

:blink:

Garry in Vegas

PS They have done considerable renovations to the Cotton Bowl since 1991. A co-worker's Dad was the General Contractor on the project. But the surounding neighborhood needs some major urban renewal. Scary place.

Cotton Bowl.

Garry in Vegas

PS They have done considerable renovations to the Cotton Bowl since 1991. A co-worker's Dad was the General Contractor on the project. But the surounding neighborhood needs some major urban renewal. Scary place.

HAHA COTTON BOWL.......

like the citrus bowl, its in the ghetto, from what everyone tells me in 91 when DCI was held, it was humid as hell, plus even the Cotton Bowl game is moving to the new stadium when it opens in 09, the only thing after that will be left after will be UT.OU game and they have been wanting to make that a home and home for several years now.

you want to talk about a waste of taxpayer dollars, renovating that piece of crap.

the new stadium in Arlington, would be ideal for DCI championships or even a major show,

What's wrong with open air stadiums? I've been at many a freezing game in Beaver Stadium, and it just adds to the home-field advantage. It's even better when you're pushing 110,000 people in sub-freezing temperatures :)

Heh.... but cold in PA <> cold in MN... just sayin'

Vegas :blink:

Vegas :blink:

Don't make book on it..I can't see it happening.

At least until 2013, when the lease runs out.

The new stadium at the "U" would be a spot that could hold a regional DCI show as well as a 'future' possible location for a DCA Championship (I know..when pigs fly). The capacity and the proximity to both downtowns and other attractions is pretty decent...by the time they have a show there, the new 35W bridge would be up and running (about 1.5 miles west of the new stadium)for awhile.

I would suspect that the Queens would play there if they get a new stadium passed.

Pat