Bloomington

according to mapquest...the distance and time from Lucas stadium to Memorial stadium is 51.42 miles...1 hour 2 minutes. As drivers in Indiana either drive 10 over or 10 under the speed limit, your times my vary.

Mapquest is a fairy tale. It doesn't factor in road conditions and traffic.

Div 2/3 quarters are almost 2 hrs away from where finals is going to be??? That's pretty lame... Just call it a Div 2/3 regional and start with a semi-final....there really aren't enough corps to really justify a quarter final anyway.

More like 4 hours each way now if you take I-65 to Indy then rt 37 to Bloomington. Rt 37 can be slow - it's like going to Whitewater. But you do drive right by the Star of Indiana facility (accrosss the road from a winery).

Div 2/3 quarters are almost 2 hrs away from where finals is going to be??? That's pretty lame... Just call it a Div 2/3 regional and start with a semi-final....there really aren't enough corps to really justify a quarter final anyway.

Old news and Michigan City is a GREAT location for this event. Its just as "lame" as the world class quarter finals if you are going to compare. I dont agree, but by your logic, there are not enough world class corps either.

Old news and Michigan City is a GREAT location for this event. Its just as "lame" as the world class quarter finals if you are going to compare. I dont agree, but by your logic, there are not enough world class corps either.

There are actually more Open Class corps than World Class corps going to finals... 25. I would not want to cut 25 down to 12 + International with only one show.

moved to Open Class Forums

Changing housing sites isnt as big of a deal as people think. We always tried to get to our finals housing site as late as possible, because the longer we were there, the more likely we were to be marching on a dirt field for finals day practice... :tongue:

it's just difficult to be able to find the schools willing to provide housing

it's just difficult to be able to find the schools willing to provide housing

Its not that hard to find housing. While you may have to make some effort depending on where you are looking..its not a big deal to find it usually

Mapquest is a fairy tale. It doesn't factor in road conditions and traffic.

Around these parts (Indiana and it's surrounding states), Mapquest typically overestimates drive-time by 10%-15%. But that's coming from a local driver.

B-ton is more like 1 1/2 from Indy with a tail wind and no traffic.

Eh. My record is 45 minutes.