Awkward Moments

Seeing Boston almost get DQ'd for throwing elbows at us as they exited the encore arc...another awkward moment.

I would hate to start a heated debate here....but that didn't happen. The thorwing of the elbows that is

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vividley remember watching that moment from the stands. I also vividley remember what was the loudest, most ###### off sounding F tuning I have ever heard following that

You think they were ###### off???? I just got 5th place for the first time in my life!!!! :worthy:

I would hate to start a heated debate here....but that didn't happen. The thorwing of the elbows that is

:) Purposefully elbowing the encore-performing corps while exiting in front of them (instead of behind them) just doesn't have the same effect as "Throwin' 'bows." I suppose it was a small exaggeration. :smile: Its not like we were mad about it. (its boston. they ARE elbows) More shocked than anything. Not that we wouldn't expect that from them... just not right on the front sideline in front of judges/directors/fans and what have you...

And earlier, '03 Indy was what I was referring to. Didn't really prepare for that situation. Not only that, exiting retreat in Indy was a cluster wether you know what you're doing or not. Definitely an awkward, funny moment to remember.

I think it was in '06, somewhere in TN I think. We were leaving the rehearsal field an hour and a half early for some unknown reason, and on our way back to the housing site we had a fire marshal or something tell us to "go jump in the pool NOW for at least 15 minutes." Someone will have to remind me about that day. It was hot (like...hottest day I've ever marched in 7 years of drum corps) and Cap. Reg. had a few members sent to the hospital. :smile: It was a post-rehearsal pre-show pool day!...'er...hour.....more like 30 min. but still, IT WAS A POOL!!! I think we shared it with another corps too. It was nice to see chicks in bikinis before the show. :shutup:

They had to postpone the show so the sun would go down a bit. It didn't get any cooler.

:) Purposefully elbowing the encore-performing corps while exiting in front of them (instead of behind them) just doesn't have the same effect as "Throwin' 'bows." I suppose it was a small exaggeration. :smile: Its not like we were mad about it. (its boston. they ARE elbows) More shocked than anything. Not that we wouldn't expect that from them... just not right on the front sideline in front of judges/directors/fans and what have you...

And earlier, '03 Indy was what I was referring to. Didn't really prepare for that situation. Not only that, exiting retreat in Indy was a cluster wether you know what you're doing or not. Definitely an awkward, funny moment to remember.

I think it was in '06, somewhere in TN I think. We were leaving the rehearsal field an hour and a half early for some unknown reason, and on our way back to the housing site we had a fire marshal or something tell us to "go jump in the pool NOW for at least 15 minutes." Someone will have to remind me about that day. It was hot (like...hottest day I've ever marched in 7 years of drum corps) and Cap. Reg. had a few members sent to the hospital. :smile: It was a post-rehearsal pre-show pool day!...'er...hour.....more like 30 min. but still, IT WAS A POOL!!! I think we shared it with another corps too. It was nice to see chicks in bikinis before the show. :shutup:

They had to postpone the show so the sun would go down a bit. It didn't get any cooler.

Pittsburg, Kansas...the day Cap Reg died

Yeah...it was awkward, until when the airlock gates started openning and one of your trumpet players broke out some 'also sprach zarathustra'!! :smile:

I have a good one. We were somewhere in Kansas for a rehearsal day on our way to Denver in 04. The guy I stood next to in horn arc had tried to get me to show him my boobs all summer. He and I were hanging out by our EQ truck by ourselves that day and for some reason, I decided that was the day. I gave him a quick show and immediately afterward, I see this old man on a golf cart in my peripherals and he yells in this super gruff voice, "Who's in charge here?!" My friend gives him the name of our corps director and I'm ####### myself. Our director was a total ##### and I would probably be getting in serious trouble if this old guy told him the story. Then, the guy just says, "Well, would you let him know I fixed the boards on that there truck?" So I thought for sure that the highly anticipated show had been ruined by an old Kansan on a golf cart when he was really just worried about making sure our director knew our truck was fixed.