Awkward Moments

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds kinky, hrothgar.

btw, there are still no chesticles in my pm box. just saying.

It's not meant to be kinky...

Edited by Hrothgar15

okay, madison scouts 93 tour, somewhere in the midwest. we were warming up for a show right across the stadium in a church parking lot. now, our warmup routine was to show up, arc up, and get in tune. we'd spend 20 minutes or so on that, and take a break to do some individual warmup for 10-15 minutes, during which time pretty much everyone on the hornline would wander off and take a leak in some bushes. this place was tough, because it was less than 1 block from the stadium, other corps were around, fans all over the place, but you gotta do what you gotta do, so we found a spot on the back corner of the church that was dark and had lots of bushes. there was a small gap in the bushes that maybe 1/2 dozen guys could stand shoulder to shoulder in to have some cover, and on the wall of the church there was a small ankle high window covered with heavy drapes. guys being guys, and being presented with a target all of us started peeing on it at once. maybe 1/2-way in the curtains pop open and an entire female color guard is looking up at us through the now yellow tinted window from the basement sunday school room they had been changing in. now, we were all madison scouts, and true young stallions in the middle of drum corps tour, so getting caught in public with our flies unzipped was no big. but being busted peeing on a church, and by a group of beautiful young ladies no less, that was truly mortifying.

okay, madison scouts 93 tour, somewhere in the midwest. we were warming up for a show right across the stadium in a church parking lot. now, our warmup routine was to show up, arc up, and get in tune. we'd spend 20 minutes or so on that, and take a break to do some individual warmup for 10-15 minutes, during which time pretty much everyone on the hornline would wander off and take a leak in some bushes. this place was tough, because it was less than 1 block from the stadium, other corps were around, fans all over the place, but you gotta do what you gotta do, so we found a spot on the back corner of the church that was dark and had lots of bushes. there was a small gap in the bushes that maybe 1/2 dozen guys could stand shoulder to shoulder in to have some cover, and on the wall of the church there was a small ankle high window covered with heavy drapes. guys being guys, and being presented with a target all of us started peeing on it at once. maybe 1/2-way in the curtains pop open and an entire female color guard is looking up at us through the now yellow tinted window from the basement sunday school room they had been changing in. now, we were all madison scouts, and true young stallions in the middle of drum corps tour, so getting caught in public with our flies unzipped was no big. but being busted peeing on a church, and by a group of beautiful young ladies no less, that was truly mortifying.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :ninja:

I think the time where Madison ended up standing at attention for the entire duration of the encore was due to it being their very first time doing the AoC mixed-arc deal, which started in 2005. Being a 3rd baritone, I had a Madison euphonium on either side of me. I don't think they ever said a word, but I let them know that I felt for them. By the time it came to put our horns up to play, they were both shaking profusely, and instead of playing, they just focused all of their energy on keeping their horns at the proper angle. I can't blame them, but I still think it was a dumb move on the Madison horn sergeant's part to not put his hornline at parade rest once it became clear how AoC was supposed to be handled. Maybe they were trying to vibe us...I don't know..

Anyway, an awkward moment: the 2005 BOA Camp show at ISU in Normal, IL. Starting in 2003 (I think, though that show was rained out), the band camp kids would learn some basic drill and some of the music to our show, which they would perform with us just a few minutes after we'd finished our actual field show. I'm not sure why, but there was some confusion at the very beginning of the combined performance that year. Half of the corps ended up stepping off, and the others just stood in place, and I'm not sure anyone really knew what was going on. The DM ended up cutting the performance just a few counts in, and we had to get everyone back in place and on the same page before we could start the actual performance. Awkward, for sure..

I think the time where Madison ended up standing at attention for the entire duration of the encore was due to it being their very first time doing the AoC mixed-arc deal, which started in 2005. Being a 3rd baritone, I had a Madison euphonium on either side of me. I don't think they ever said a word, but I let them know that I felt for them. By the time it came to put our horns up to play, they were both shaking profusely, and instead of playing, they just focused all of their energy on keeping their horns at the proper angle. I can't blame them, but I still think it was a dumb move on the Madison horn sergeant's part to not put his hornline at parade rest once it became clear how AoC was supposed to be handled. Maybe they were trying to vibe us...I don't know..

Anyway, an awkward moment: the 2005 BOA Camp show at ISU in Normal, IL. Starting in 2003 (I think, though that show was rained out), the band camp kids would learn some basic drill and some of the music to our show, which they would perform with us just a few minutes after we'd finished our actual field show. I'm not sure why, but there was some confusion at the very beginning of the combined performance that year. Half of the corps ended up stepping off, and the others just stood in place, and I'm not sure anyone really knew what was going on. The DM ended up cutting the performance just a few counts in, and we had to get everyone back in place and on the same page before we could start the actual performance. Awkward, for sure..

HAHAHA. I remember that.

From the point of view of one of the bando kids that got confused I'm just going to say that sadly, embarrassing as it was, being in that performance that got me to march corps. even if my corps wasn't there at all that night haha.

Edited by nothingbetter

bimp bump boomp LOL