Bugler's Hall of Fame

Congrats to all. Way to go Jim!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all of the new inductees. Especially DA. I had the pleasure to

be instructed by him and his brothers in 1997 with the Brigadiers. I know Seeley

and I fealt like whipping boys somedays, but if not for all of you I would not be

what I am today.......I know it's not far, but wanted to give you some props..Hope this

doesn't tarnish any of your resumes.

Joe T

LOL thanks Joe...you were not my only whipping boys through the years, but as you know I only picked on the people that I knew could take it like a man.

Donny ....off to Harrisburg

Thanks Tom. A very big surprise to be so honored.

Joebaloney(according to Nick)

Congrats to all. Way to go Jim!

Clark Terry

Curtis Hawkins

Jack Meehan

Donny Allen

James Cossetti, Jr.

Well, not to be dropping names (too much!), but I've rubbed shoulders on the field with two of the men on this list, Mr. Hawkins and Mr. Allen.

Congratulations on this august honor!

Do you guys get engraved cards to hand out? "Hi, I'm Donald Allen, multiple Hall of Famer." I bet one of the perks is your own American Express commercials: "You may not know me, but ...."

Clark Terry marched in the Tom Powell Drum and Bugle Corps, which became the famous Spirit of St. Louis, one of the greatest of the African American corps and the model for the George Washington Carvrer Gay Blades, Minnisink Warriors, Wynn Center Toppers, Carter Cadets and many others.

Corps like these were historically vital to the cultural life of the inner cities.

Clark Terry marched in the Tom Powell Drum and Bugle Corps, which became the famous Spirit of St. Louis, one of the greatest of the African American corps and the model for the George Washington Carvrer Gay Blades, Minnisink Warriors, Wynn Center Toppers, Carter Cadets and many others.

Corps like these were historically vital to the cultural life of the inner cities.

Thanks Frank-

I never knew that Clark Terry marched in drum corps. I'm surprised I've never seen his name on any of those perrenial lists of "famous people who marched drum corps." To me, Clark Terry is one of the most impressive "former corps members!!" Great stuff!

And while I'm here...congrats to all of the members of the Class of 2008 and in particular my brother Donny!!!!

PS Yes, of course I'm jealous!!!

Clark Terry

Curtis Hawkins

Jack Meehan

Donny Allen

James Cossetti, Jr.

Congrats to all... great group... Clark Terry was an interesting addtion. When I was in high school, marching with the Fulton Gauchos, Hugh Burritt was our soloist (all the Al Hirt stuff for those who remember it) and an instructor... He went on to become head of the music department at SUNY Oswego.. He had been on the road and was with Skitch Henderson's/Doc Sevrensen's Tonight show orchestra for a time... and was good friends of Clark Terry. Clark came up and put on shows for his students (when Hugh was teaching Jr. high) Great player... Great guy...

I knew that Clark liked drum corps, but don't know where he marched??? anyone???

Special congrats to Donny... Curt, Jack and Jim - rock solid credentials...

Alright Curt you da man .... congrats!!!

• 2 months later...
Clark Terry

Curtis Hawkins

Jack Meehan

Donny Allen

James Cossetti, Jr.

Congrats to all... great group... Clark Terry was an interesting addtion. When I was in high school, marching with the Fulton Gauchos, Hugh Burritt was our soloist (all the Al Hirt stuff for those who remember it) and an instructor... He went on to become head of the music department at SUNY Oswego.. He had been on the road and was with Skitch Henderson's/Doc Sevrensen's Tonight show orchestra for a time... and was good friends of Clark Terry. Clark came up and put on shows for his students (when Hugh was teaching Jr. high) Great player... Great guy...

I knew that Clark liked drum corps, but don't know where he marched??? anyone???

Special congrats to Donny... Curt, Jack and Jim - rock solid credentials...

The BHOF Class of 2008 Induction Dinner was held over the weekend in Bridgeport in conjunction with the Barnum Festival ... three of the five (Jim, Jack and Kurt) were able to attend ... Donnie was represented by Mike Lipton, Doug Mellenthine and Rod Keppel and Clark Terry, who marched in the Tom Powell Jr. Drum Corps of St. Louis, couldn't attend due to a recent heart attack ...

The evening was festive and the talent level suberb when they all the attendees decided to "jam' at the end of the night ... led by BHOFer Dave Negri and Dave Dion on keyboard, the likes of Joe DeFiglia, Ruben Ariola, Kenton Clarke, Johnny Grass, Frank Doritte, Jimmy Maldonado, Tommy Martin, Artie Hylwa Frank Ponzo, Ritchee Price, Buzzy Bergdoll and Eddie Hayward displayed some incredible bugling talents as they joined the new inductees in serenading the other "non-drum corps" restaurant patrons with Amazing Grace, Auld Lang Sine, Basin St. Blues, Elks, Barnum & Bailey, Rampart St. Parade, Stars & Stripes and an bevy of individual jazz riffs ... iwas was amazing listenting to all these icons displaying their talents ...

It was a pleasure to serve as MS for the evening and look forward to meeting the Class of 2009 next year ...

Andy "yes, I'm a drummer and they still let me MC" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko

GO DONNY....TOP SOLOIST OF THE INFAMOUS SHOW CADETS, WITH A SHORT STINT IN THE LEGENDARY WINNAPEG LUGNUTS