SW FINALS

Post thoughts as the guards go on and off.

You know like a play by play (oh it will be fun)

Seminole: looked like a great run, wonderful color palette and flag feature! Loved it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post thoughts as the guards go on and off.

You know like a play by play (oh it will be fun)

Seminole: looked like a great run, wonderful color palette and flag feature! Loved it.

I am sooooooooo glad they made finals... I absolutely lovvvvvved them last year!!!!

Arcadia, has a great well designed show but the uniformity is an issue, ESPECIALLY in the flag line who all have different release points. Next year I have no doubts that they can jump back up in placement. Sometimes the choreography wasn't very musical but overall not a bad run for them. Lots of energy and commitment to the performance were their strong points.

What a stark contrast to the show before.

Edited by Musical_Spinner

Stoneman, strong weapons for days. Some of the movement was being done mechanically without a lot of performance qualities.

Warren central" Wonderfully delicate and MASTERFULLY layered. Those weapons has great technique and the writing for them was amazing. They didn't just throw a bunch of spins and flourishes just because. they used all parts of the equipment. The flag line was amazingly well done, lots of good uniformity and it showed the color so very well. FANTASTIC

Stoneman, strong weapons for days. Some of the movement was being done mechanically without a lot of performance qualities.

I really didn't like their show when I first saw it, but the more I do, the more I love it. I enjoy watching their weapons. I can definitely see how some of their movement seems mechanically done though.

Beyer high school: Not a great run from them, lots of equipment collisions and other small mistakes that will add up. There was a lot of energy and non stop spinning but I don't think they'll hold onto their placement.

Rancho Bernardo. Lots of great characters and performing, strong weapons and a fantastic ending flag feature. It seems to lag in the middle a little bit but the ending is great and is truly a feel good show. Great work.

Carmel High School: A rosie queen masterpiece of GE. They gave the audience what they wanted. The weapons tosses were top notch, flat and hard. The sabres caught at the tape and the rifles at the nose. Maybe not a lot of equipment time compared to others but they used all the props effectively and achieved everything with ease.

Joining late (darn it!), but was able to catch the last couple of minutes of Miamisburg's show. Must say it seemed a bit stronger yesterday (of course I was there live, so that could be the difference). How did Cheshire, Shen, and Choctaw look?