SW FINALS

Congrats to all units competeing this weekend!

Glad Flanagan pulled it off. Not to say Avon didn't deserve it. Their show was amazing as well. It was definitely a coin toss in my opinion.

Heard some nasty rumors though... :rock:

In any case, thought Center Grove's show was gorgeous. Chershire was certainly a surprise, just as everyone had predicted. Glad to see Miamisburg back in the top 5 where they belong.

No surprise to me :) I said that Chesire was going to do well in Dayton. They had a great show concept performed well at the most opportunistic time....in DAYTON!!!

To Flanagan HS -- I think the world of you kids and you all deserved to be congratulated!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprise to me :) I said that Chesire was going to do well in Dayton. They had a great show concept performed well at the most opportunistic time....in DAYTON!!!

To Flanagan HS -- I think the world of you kids and you all deserved to be congratulated!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I must say, you're absolutely right. Their show was among the few I like to call "intellectual shows" in this class. By this, I mean more sophisticated than just your expected cutesy high school winterguard show. Cheshire, Flanagan, and Avon are the three I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others if I sat there and thought about it. It's refreshing to see.

In addition, I extend my congrats to Flanagan from my previous post for being humble recipients of this year's SW Gold Medal. Heard a rumor (a good one) and was also a witness to a couple members of this guard being congradulated on their finals performance by a member of one of their competeing guards, Warren Central, I believe. Obviously, the members had just met, but both groups were so humble and warm towards each other. Just another example of how this sport just adds on to the list of great character traits taught and learned by its participants! :blush:

here we go again....

You have Choctaw moving up that much? No offense to the girls (cause they do a beautiful performance) but that show is so boring and the book is very bland. Wonderful movement, bland equipment, washy ensemble. JMO

thank you center grove! :blush:

:tongue:

Glad Flanagan pulled it off. Not to say Avon didn't deserve it. Their show was amazing as well. It was definitely a coin toss in my opinion.

Heard some nasty rumors though... :blush:

In any case, thought Center Grove's show was gorgeous. Chershire was certainly a surprise, just as everyone had predicted. Glad to see Miamisburg back in the top 5 where they belong.

I could rant and rave for hours about SW, but I'll leave it at that...

Heard some nasty rumors though... :blush:

I could rant and rave for hours about SW, but I'll leave it at that...

Surprise???

Scholastic World was definetly alive & kicking and even stronger than it has been in the past. It was definetley not a surprise to me that Cheshire did as well as they did this year. They have been consistent the whole season and not to mention that it is a "tough crowd" that they are keeping company with. Nice to see a fresh winner this year! Congrats Flanagan!

cheshire has had a meteoric rise through the ranks,promoted two years ago,14th last year all the way to fourth this season,pretty impressive!

big shot designers vinncent montacelli and mickey kelly have certainly helped and directors phillip triani and jim zulick [former cadet guard captain and drum major]have done an incredible job fostering the growth of this star on the rise.

great performance ladies congratulations!

Edited by dugg