IW FINALS

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see nothing too....

Same goes for NEI (as far as being locked into 3rd)

They deserved every bit of that 3rd place medal. I had GREAT seats, and from watching all of them in person, no one had a flawless run tonight. The 99.5 for Fantasia doesn't reflect being .5 away from perfect.........it reflects the spread that the judges feel should be there to the groups they'd already scored.

Over all I think it was a great year for color guard!!

Happy WGI everyone!! :ninja:

Sorry kids. . .they absolutely do. . .that show cooked tonight and connected with the audience in a very emotional way, plus they nailed their show. Onyx was a mess. I saw this one coming. Sac also was really sloppy tonight.

WOW, Onyx was a mess? Nice. Its too bad that's all you could get out of the performers efforts tonight.

Michael

Edited by OnyxColorGuard

Although I disagree with the way he said it, we as viewers and audience members are entitled to our opinions.

I love Onyx, always have........and will audition there when I move for grad school, fair warning!

Absolutely they should have. They were incredible tonight, moving, and poignant. It's obvious that people are trying to turn this into something way more than it is. A panel of five judges saw it this way (as did most of the people that I talked to.) It was crystal clear from where I was that some things would be changing tonight. Can't we just not try to tear these kids down? All the guards worked hard, all the guards put out a great product. Congrats to all the finalists; you were all stellar. And to the members of the two groups from Dayton, hopefully your instructors can work their greivances out and stop publicly bashing one another on these forums. You are both equally talented teams, as proven by your neck and neck race all season. Congrats to SCV as well, hands down my favorite show of the year.

(Takes a deep breath.) Happy WGI everyone, here's to 2009!

No WAY zydeco should have been that high.................

i love that generic "can't we be happy for the kids" comment.

And yeah, no one tore them down, it's not that I disagree with the show (although some do) I disagree with the placement......so I am disagreeing with the judges. Now where's the generic leave the judges alone comment?

And I love the "(although some do)" comment. I'm sorry, I didn't happen to see you at the WGI arena taking a poll from all of the spectators to get their thoughts. Would have loved to taken part in it.

Maybe one day you can be a big time WGI judge (with your wealth of experience.). Until then, the results are set in stone. Sorry dude.

i love that generic "can't we be happy for the kids" comment.

And yeah, no one tore them down, it's not that I disagree with the show (although some do) I disagree with the placement......so I am disagreeing with the judges. Now where's the generic leave the judges alone comment?

WOW, Onyx was a mess? Nice. Its too bad that's all you could get out of the performers efforts tonight.

Michael

It's also too bad you didn't train them well enough to execute. If you want to be snarky. . .that's fine. I have your fantastic little message that you sent me saved as well. But the simple fact is compared to the performances they turned in for Prelims and the show they had Wednesday night at Stebbins, it was not a good run. I could have said. . .they didn't execute as well as they previously had or that it was a bad run. Whatever the terminology. . .it wasn't their best show.

And to the members of the two groups from Dayton, hopefully your instructors can work their greivances out and stop publicly bashing one another on these forums.

Really? Where? I think everything said from both parties on these forums has been civil. I don't even think I've seen them write about each other on here. (Feel free to prove me wrong.)

Don't try to stir up drama. If there hasn't been any from these two teams all season, why start now?

Regarding Onyx being a 'mess': I would think it would be more rewarding to take risks and have depth in a show and chance that 'mess' than playing it safe.