:tongue:

but I'm still marching next year!

Edited by brusty1974

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not old Eric.

Thanks!! :-) Too old to be marching (I think)

My body went into shock after Dayton ... thank god for all natural muscle relaxers and bananas!

Edited by brusty1974

I want in!!!!

Yes. With people coming from all over, it's near impossible to get everyone in during the week (besides the hs guards and colleges).

I am 40 now and would be 41 for the next season. I haven't marched since 1986. I am pretty sure I could do it. I'm gonna knock the idea around.

QUESTION. Do most units still practice on weekends only?

Here's an idea . . . . for all of us more "mature" folks on here who wish to march again, how about we just all get together next season? We can simply call our unit The GCP Review. I'm sure Ginger can round us up a rehearsal facility in the Atlanta area, Dugg can lead the conceptual development (can't wait to see what he comes up with :ph34r: ), and Sue & Trish will handle staging and equipment design. Count me in.

Hey - my best friend lives near Atlanta - I'd have a free place to stay!

Here's an idea . . . . for all of us more "mature" folks on here who wish to march again, how about we just all get together next season? We can simply call our unit The GCP Review. I'm sure Ginger can round us up a rehearsal facility in the Atlanta area, Dugg can lead the conceptual development (can't wait to see what he comes up with :ph34r: ), and Sue & Trish will handle staging and equipment design. Count me in.

You old folks crack me up. I'll be rootin for ya!

That was Blackwatch 2002, the religious show. They had the pew and the chalices, and one of my favorite lines from that show "Take this, all of you, and eat it." That was one of my favorite shows from them.

I know those members you're talking about very well (and so do you). They were called the "seasoned" members or the blue hairs. But not all of them were over 35. I think 2 of them were 32 and one of them was closer to 35, and I don't know about the other one. But they kicked booty out there on the floor!

oh, it was longer ago than I thought! hmmm... Or I just thought everyone was much older than they really were. :-/