Cascades Suspend 2008 Tour Plans

When the six corps that have gone under in the last few years were active how many people supported them? For many of the corps that we have lost, people (including most on this board) talked about them as inferior to the corps in the top 12 and complained about the product they were putting on the field. Go back and read some of the posts from this past summer regarding Seattle and Southwind and you will see what I am talking about. Sometimes we the fans are the worst enemy of the activity.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cascades were planning to do a local tour performing an arrangement from the music of the band Rush.

But Cascades' announcement is a real disappointment. I am a rookie this year for the Cascades and this came as a huge blow to me and all of the other members I talked to. I hope Cascades come back next year strong as ever.

Hops wishes are being fullfilled. Eventually will be down to 10 elites, who willthen blend in with BOA. The end of the activity is near.;

What makes you think Hopkins is behind this?? :sad: This is a disappointment because I think they are a good drum corps. I hope things work out for them and come back strong next summer.

Edited by gbell211

I am a rookie this year for the Cascades and this came as a huge blow to me and all of the other members I talked to. I

If you don't mind me asking, are you going to march anywhere else? What are your feelings about marching somewhere else?

I bet you represent the sentiments of a lot of people.

Yes, for a lot of people this came as a shock. But likewise I know several of the horns at least went to Troopers Blue Knights and Oregon Crusaders.

Personally, I joined drum corps so that I can have a break from my suffering school band, so I think I may go march with the Oregon Crusaders simply so that I can march. But I'm really disappointed that Cascades cancelled the tour, the corps was small but there was a certain presence in corps during camps, an certain fire burned in the staff and many members that was pushing for a good season despite obvious circumstances. It was a very moving experience to be a part of it, and I'm just disappointed that the fire has dwindled to but a spark now.

But we make do with what we are given, many moved-on as I said, several are done marching, and others may just take a break for the summer. I'm thankful that the NW has another corps that I can march with, and hopefully marching with the Oregon Crusaders will provide just as great as an experience that I was given rehearsing with the Cascades.

I'd also like to thank everyone for uplifting comments, even if I can't speak on behalf of the Cascades, I can say that they personally helped me get over this information.

Thanks

Who's next? This is getting bad. Someone stated earlier that Hoppy is getting what he wants....and some people said that it was unecissary......well, I disagree....what else is one to think when he wishes to have a "super 8 or super 10" or whatever the heck he was waning.....Of course it's not his fault, I don't think anyone really thinks that, I mean it's not like he has a black op team killing off corps, but I believe that he secretly does want this to happen becuase it takes him closer to his dream the "Elite circuit".

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck.....it's a duck. I just call it how I see it

Edited by dallasburgess

Who's next? This is getting bad. Someone stated earlier that Hoppy is getting what he wants....and some people said that it was unecissary......well, I disagree....what else is one to think when he wishes to have a "super 8 or super 10" or whatever the heck he was waning.....Of course it's not his fault, I don't think anyone really thinks that, I mean it's not like he has a black op team killing off corps, but I believe that he secretly does want this to happen becuase it takes him closer to his dream the "Elite circuit".

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck.....it's a duck. I just call it how I see it

Before we go too far down the evil corps killer path...lets clarify something. IIRC, the quote people always refer to when they talk about this actually has hop saying he 'envisions' there only being 6-8 supercorps left, not that he wants that. That could probably just be read as a prediction, or a reading of the conditions and understanding the economy of the activity. I dont think he actually puts another check mark on the board for each folded corps...