So what'd you guys think of the Countdown?

Apparently no one at my school has heard of drum corps, as I counted about 7 other people in the theater, none of whom were students. Either way, I thought the Countdown was awesome. The 6 show that they picked were all wonderful, especially Crown's, and that incredible Kingsmen Alumni Corps. I loved what they showed in between the performances, and I thought they did a great job previewing the upcoming seasons of the Blue Devils (no narration :tongue:), Blue Stars, and Carolina Crown. What'd you guys think?

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently no one at my school has heard of drum corps, as I counted about 7 other people in the theater, none of whom were students. Either way, I thought the Countdown was awesome. The 6 show that they picked were all wonderful, especially Crown's, and that incredible Kingsmen Alumni Corps. I loved what they showed in between the performances, and I thought they did a great job previewing the upcoming seasons of the Blue Devils (no narration :tongue:), Blue Stars, and Carolina Crown. What'd you guys think?

I had a blast, it was really a great time. I have a few pics to send to "DC-Eye" now. :)

I had a blast, it was really a great time. I have a few pics to send to "DC-Eye" now. :)

Yeah, I tried to drag some of my buddies along, but no such luck. "Drum corps? Like drums? Sounds stupid." :tongue:

Edited by Hrothgar15

So, what exactly was announced by BD, Bluestars, and Crown? I know Crown announced their show title, but what else was revealed (by all the corps, I mean)? Blue Devils have already announced their repertoire, so what did their preview consist of? That goes for all the corps.

Signed,

Someone who didn't attend the Countdown

:tongue:

So, what exactly was announced by BD, Bluestars, and Crown? I know Crown announced their show title, but what else was revealed (by all the corps, I mean)? Blue Devils have already announced their repertoire, so what did their preview consist of? That goes for all the corps.

Signed,

Someone who didn't attend the Countdown

:tongue:

For each of the corps, they showed the the hornline and drumline playing portions of th show, and interviewed different marching members and staff members about the corps this year. It was really cool.

The show was great but it would of been better with more than 10 people there and more drum corps vets. I even bought a camera for this event and left without taking a single picture.

I thought the countdown was pretty sweet... my two friends and i were the only ones in Lima, ohio watching it. the 2008 preview of crown was pretty cool... they will be awesome once again... the blue stars, man... i think they will be surprising quite a few people this season. i've once heard the show for the 2008 blue stars refered to as a musical masterpiece! i can't wait to see how they start the season in rockford!

The show was very well done. Great job DCI!! Our theatre was about 90% full with a large group of HS band kids who were very enthusiastic and polite. There were many more young people at this year's show that last. Overall, there was more than double the audience from last year. Hopefully some of those kids are marching or will some day soon.