Watch out

How the #### did I miss this Friday? :tongue:

#### wish I would have driven by the "scene of the crime" Friday morning on the way to work. That might have been interesting.

Heh, if I ever leave my bari case out, CHPD might evacuate my whole block.. :tongue::beer::beer::beer:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Similar story last year with Fusion Core.

A Fusionite left their trumpet in the parking lot of WalMart just prior to rehearsal.

Anyway, several cops came to the rescue. Questioned the Fusionite. All was cool. Fusionite was a little embarassed tho :tongue:

Everything was okay....a little ribbing of the Fusionite ensued afterward.... :tongue: ... Memories!!!!

Dano

some people are just stupid.

Reminds me of a story ...

In 1987 Vanguard, the school we stayed at was an hour or so away from the stadium. As we pulled up to the warm-up site before Finals, we barely had enough time for warm-up.

As he got off the bus, it dawned on one of our age-out tenor players (Dave Gary) that his uniform was still sitting on a hangar -- back at the school. You should have seen the look on his face!

Anyway, a few SCV boosters were able to scour the equipment truck, and somehow piece him together a uniform from different parts they found all around the truck. Then it all got really, really funny, and Dave got to perform at Finals in his age-out year (barely).

This sort of thing does not happen to Soprano players :tongue::beer::tongue:

Wow, last year, one of our guys Simom Moreirea left his trumpet in his car and his mom had his car and he had his dads truck. So, he calls the mom to get the horn and tells her he's in a hurry so she said to meet her at Costco. SO, he goes to Costco, she sees him coming, she leaves the trumpet on the curb and heads inside, he pulls up and gets out, gets the trumpet and goes on his way.

He pulls into the field and two cops come in behind him and want to know what was in the case. A concerned citizen called in a "suspicious transaction". It was so funny watching Simon because he's like the shy, quite guy in the corps. He had to bring the horn over, open the case and show them. We have pictures somewhere. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

OOOOPS, SORRY DANO, JUST READ YOUR THREAD!!!

Edited by hardcoremello

My band director told us this great story about something like that. Some professional tuba player had just finished playing a gig and took all of his stuff out to his car in a parking garage. Upon setting his tuba mute on the ground, he remembered something he left in the building. So he went back with the tuba mute still on the ground behind his car. When he returned, he saw the bomb squad approaching his car with shields and full body protection suits. He quickly cleared it up and left the garage...

While most people got their laughs outta this I live in the school district and this is the time of year when threats against schools/students start picking up. Not sure if kids want out early because the weather is nicer or close to end of school (get out of tests?) but seems to be the Central PA pattern. Can't remember the exact day but a school about 5 miles from Camp Hill had to close early due to a "terroristic threat" found in the school (no details given). Think this was a day or two before Fridays "Festivities".

Rather have local cops and folks look foolish on this than after something does happen say "Oh #### wish they had taken this seriously". Then again I work for the military (lots of annual security training) and had a scary pre-9/11 incident on a place with an unclaimed (heavy) black bag. There was a bag that no one claimed and a stewardess acted like it would be figured out AFTER we took off. About the time a bunch of us were ready to walk off the plane the owner finally showed up.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

My band director told us this great story about something like that. Some professional tuba player had just finished playing a gig and took all of his stuff out to his car in a parking garage. Upon setting his tuba mute on the ground, he remembered something he left in the building. So he went back with the tuba mute still on the ground behind his car. When he returned, he saw the bomb squad approaching his car with shields and full body protection suits. He quickly cleared it up and left the garage...

In the cops' defense, ya don't see a tube mute every day.