Increased Corps Size

Any one have the scoop on how Phantom Regiment has decided to allocate the additional spots that corps are allowed this season?

Imagine if all those new spots were allocated exclusively to the contra basses and/or baritones? Ha! Talk about a deep chocolatey sound!

Edited by cadlag

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i know, they will be marching 150 this year. the breakdown is:

72 horns

24 trumpets

12 mellos

24 buicks!

12 contras

drumline

9 snares

5 tenors

5 bass drums

pit

guard

44!!!

conductors

if anyone has differing info, plz lemme know...grazie

Edited by chaos001

guard

44!!!

If that's true, I'll be very disappointed. The guard is the last section that needs an increase in numbers. More than 32 on the field just looks like, well...... too many. Unless they're going to swap them in and out so they're not all on the field at the same time.

But we'll see for sure on June 8th at the dress Rehearsal..... less than 5 weeks away!

If that's true, I'll be very disappointed. The guard is the last section that needs an increase in numbers. More than 32 on the field just looks like, well...... too many. Unless they're going to swap them in and out so they're not all on the field at the same time.

But we'll see for sure on June 8th at the dress Rehearsal..... less than 5 weeks away!

You cant be too quick to judge what it will look like. Plus, its far cheaper to add guard to the field than brass and percussion. And, their equipment takes up less space.

Nah, 36 is the perfect number.....6x6 block. I agree that over 40 is A LOT though

You cant be too quick to judge what it will look like. Plus, its far cheaper to add guard to the field than brass and percussion. And, their equipment takes up less space.

It may be cheaper, but it's harder to clean.

44 guard is gonna be HOT!! I can't wait!! And I'm sure Adam SAge will have it nice and clean for us to clap for :thumbup:

the Cadets marched 42 guard in 2001 and no one seemed to mind, so only two more people for Phantom shouldn't be that big of a deal.

44 guard is gonna be HOT!! I can't wait!! And I'm sure Adam SAge will have it nice and clean for us to clap for :thumbup:

the Cadets marched 42 guard in 2001 and no one seemed to mind, so only two more people for Phantom shouldn't be that big of a deal.

See I've on the line with the bigger guard thing. Visual designers lately, for all corps, haven't been so good about staging of the guard where it doesn't clutter and dangerous. So smaller the number the better.

Now if anyone can pull off 44 guard.....Crown can.

24 Euphs.

That's where it's at.