Marion Cadets

Interesting editorial in the Marion Star newspaper. Apparently the community is starting to ask questions and it doesn't sound like the corps administration is able to answer - or at least they are not willing to answer. Sounds suspicious.

Anyone know anything more about this?

http://www.marionstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ION03/804020335

Sure wish they could get something rolling again. What a great history Marion has had.

kf

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my question, since when were they world class?? :laughing:

This is old news. Article was published last month and there used to be a thread here about it somewhere. I guess the bingo game presses onward, despite the lack of a functioning corps. :laughing:

my question, since when were they world class?? :lol:

nvm, just realized it was because this topic was posted in the world class forum...........I miss the old junior corps forums :laughing:

Edited by Huntington Mallets

moved to correct forum

This is old news. Article was published last month and there used to be a thread here about it somewhere. I guess the bingo game presses onward, despite the lack of a functioning corps. :laughing:

this was my article and feel free to make post ,ask questions or add information.The local tv station tv22 is also doing a story on the corps and has a interview with myself.tv22@marionohio.tv april 30th local news.We are trying to get a open fourm for everyone to attend and ask questions and get answers.

Carl

Can't help but agree with the letter. When I marched in the 70s, my Corps (Black Watch) competed in Class A at the US Open. What I've never forgotten was how much the City of Marion was behind the Show and their enthusiasm for the Marion Cadets. This Corps seemed to have great backing in the Community. It would be good if that situation developed again. Shame to see whats happened to the Corps since then when they did compete in Open Class, what we now call World Class.

Can't help but agree with the letter. When I marched in the 70s, my Corps (Black Watch) competed in Class A at the US Open. What I've never forgotten was how much the City of Marion was behind the Show and their enthusiasm for the Marion Cadets. This Corps seemed to have great backing in the Community. It would be good if that situation developed again. Shame to see whats happened to the Corps since then when they did compete in Open Class, what we now call World Class.

I believe they were open class in the late 60's..early 70's when I first got into corps. They were a big corps back then.