Marion Cadets

Always pretty smart to air dirty laundry in the media. Yeah, that's just what I want my sons and daughter to do... jump on the bandwagon of an organization that's in the news for all of the wrong reasons.

No there is no contact between the two .If you send a letter to the star it is for the corps and the directors deals.The eqep. can be used by the drum line,guard or enen the schools if needed.It was purchaced by the community and should be donated back to them.E.O.R is a seperate group.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always pretty smart to air dirty laundry in the media. Yeah, that's just what I want my sons and daughter to do... jump on the bandwagon of an organization that's in the news for all of the wrong reasons.

This is how all of the positive action has been motivated. Without the white hot spotlight of the media and public opinion, the Marion Cadets situation would be where it was initially. It as been the due diligence of Carl Gannon, Marion Star and TV22, in addition to a lot of other people supporting and following up on the actions and allegations against the Marion Cadets that have forced the "corps director's" hand. Now, at least there is an investigation, there is some motion towards steering this group back towards presenting a product that will benefit the youth of Central Ohio.

Unfortunately, it took the arena of public opinion to bring this to a head. Now, with the help of the public and media, some of these efforts can go forward, and a magnificent fraud in the community is being brought down.

If it were your ox being gored, you would want the same thing. It has been the appropriate, respectable and effective thing to do.

Rick

No there is no contact between the two .If you send a letter to the star it is for the corps and the directors deals.The eqep. can be used by the drum line,guard or enen the schools if needed.It was purchaced by the community and should be donated back to them.E.O.R is a seperate group.

This is very interesting indeed. I thought the Marion Cadets Dir. steped down. Is this not true?

If the Marion Cadets are interested in putting something together. Why would they want to donate their equipment?

What are the road blocks preventing The Marion Cadets using their equipment to sponser a Drum Line or Winter guard?

This is very interesting indeed. I thought the Marion Cadets Dir. steped down. Is this not true?

If the Marion Cadets are interested in putting something together. Why would they want to donate their equipment?

What are the road blocks preventing The Marion Cadets using their equipment to sponser a Drum Line or Winter guard?

The Dir. has stepped down but still holds the keys and directs all questions to a board member but will not give out her number but wil pass your noumber on but no one gets a call back.The hall is locked ,bingo has not run since late June ,no phone no electric and no one paying bills they just get bigger.After [if] the bills get paid and the three properties are sold the eqipment might be all thats left.When it hits the local news i will post the link and everyone's questions will have answers

The Dir. has stepped down but still holds the keys and directs all questions to a board member but will not give out her number but wil pass your noumber on but no one gets a call back.The hall is locked ,bingo has not run since late June ,no phone no electric and no one paying bills they just get bigger.After [if] the bills get paid and the three properties are sold the eqipment might be all thats left.When it hits the local news i will post the link and everyone's questions will have answers

Carl,

I was born and raised in Ohio. Must of my family still live in Ohio. So their voice is of course louder is then mine in the State of Ohio. So I was telling my Dad what was happening in Marion and he has read all of this thread and read the Marion paper and watched the TV22 reports. He seems to think that there may be a good case that frud has happened. So he wanted me to ask you a few questions. Has the Ohio AG or the IRS been made aware of what is happening? This being an election year things seem to get done a little faster. And He thought that the BoD's and the Dir. contact info of a 501 3c must be public info? Is this true? And if the Dir. has stepped down and has not given up the keys, could he not get in trouble for this?

Carl,

I was born and raised in Ohio. Must of my family still live in Ohio. So their voice is of course louder is then mine in the State of Ohio. So I was telling my Dad what was happening in Marion and he has read all of this thread and read the Marion paper and watched the TV22 reports. He seems to think that there may be a good case that frud has happened. So he wanted me to ask you a few questions. Has the Ohio AG or the IRS been made aware of what is happening? YES This being an election year things seem to get done a little faster. And He thought that the BoD's and the Dir. contact info of a 501 3c must be public info? Is this true? YES And if the Dir. has stepped down and has not given up the keys, could he not get in trouble for this? YES

Its all going down now. The end of the line on the fraud run is at hand. The hope and desire is that the remnants can be salvaged and something good can come of all the theft and deception.

Rick

Its all going down now. The end of the line on the fraud run is at hand. The hope and desire is that the remnants can be salvaged and something good can come of all the theft and deception.

Rick

Thank you for answering my Dad's questions.

In 1979 a handful of Glassmen Alumni and friends of the Glassmen were setting in a living room and decided to bring the Glassmen back.

Yes it can and has been done.

From reading this thread I see that thre are a handful of Marion Cadets Alumni, friends of the Marion Cadets and I am sure many more who do not visit here who want to help and bring back the Marion Cadets to this great Activity of ours.

I would hope that once everything is out in the open the Alum and the community will rally around the Marion Cadets.

How cool would it be to have The Marion Cadets and the U.S. OPEN back into the Drum and Bugle Community once again?

No matter if it's DCA, DCI or SDCA.

Dean