Check this out

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

finally a movie about color guard!!! : ) Yippee!

I hated that movie. I can't stand that type of marching band. I guess I'm too hooked on the precision of DCI and DCA.

I understand that one for sure. In the movie they were still using slings and leg rests. I couldn't believe it. The drumming wasn't too clean either. JMO

Some interesting info on the Distribution page..

DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS GLOBAL REACH

Spanning 6 continents and more than 15 countries, the international network of active drum and bugle corps is a thriving culture of artistic musical pageantry, never before portrayed in a theatrical narrative feature. Worldwide, there are over 220 active drum and bugle corps, each with 30 to 150 performers, captivating audiences across the globe. Supporters of drum and bugle corps activities constitute a powerful, far-reaching and influential demographic that continues to expand, along with the phenomenal growth in popularity of pageantry performance art.

UNITED STATES

The U.S. is home to a highly loyal and active alumni base, representing generations of past-participants currently involved as corps instructors, administrators, and volunteers who support the corps directly. Many thousands of high school students attend drum and bugle corps performances throughout the country every year, with more than 11 million adults and family members associated with performing arts students.

>>>>>>>>>>> end of quoted section <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wondering how the world wide total of over 220 corps was determined. Only way I can think of is adding non-Junior corps. But will be interesting to see if the film shows corps members as being only minors. Would love to know when their age of "past participants" begins given the description of the members on the "movie" page. :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

So where is this movie going to be shown?

On a screen? :thumbup:

funny i was just talking to a friend about what kind of plot you could use in making a drum corps movie.

Some interesting info on the Distribution page..

DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS GLOBAL REACH

Spanning 6 continents and more than 15 countries, the international network of active drum and bugle corps is a thriving culture of artistic musical pageantry, never before portrayed in a theatrical narrative feature. Worldwide, there are over 220 active drum and bugle corps, each with 30 to 150 performers, captivating audiences across the globe. Supporters of drum and bugle corps activities constitute a powerful, far-reaching and influential demographic that continues to expand, along with the phenomenal growth in popularity of pageantry performance art.

UNITED STATES

The U.S. is home to a highly loyal and active alumni base, representing generations of past-participants currently involved as corps instructors, administrators, and volunteers who support the corps directly. Many thousands of high school students attend drum and bugle corps performances throughout the country every year, with more than 11 million adults and family members associated with performing arts students.

>>>>>>>>>>> end of quoted section <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wondering how the world wide total of over 220 corps was determined. Only way I can think of is adding non-Junior corps. But will be interesting to see if the film shows corps members as being only minors. Would love to know when their age of "past participants" begins given the description of the members on the "movie" page. :thumbup:

Well as far as I know you don't need to be in DCI's Junior corps to be considered a drum and bugle corps. So yeah I would think he included all the DCA corps in his total as well.

What I’m wondering is why the exclusive focus on drum corps in a marketing appeal? I’m as passionate about drum corps as y’all, but isn’t selling corps alone selling the movie short? I’d think they’d want to make the case to potential distributors that this is something for marching band devotees, not just drum corps. That would increase the potential exponentially beyond corps alone. And what about winter guard? Don’t they want to maximize the audience? Or did I miss something in there?

HH

What I’m wondering is why the exclusive focus on drum corps in a marketing appeal? I’m as passionate about drum corps as y’all, but isn’t selling corps alone selling the movie short? I’d think they’d want to make the case to potential distributors that this is something for marching band devotees, not just drum corps. That would increase the potential exponentially beyond corps alone. And what about winter guard? Don’t they want to maximize the audience? Or did I miss something in there?

HH

...I dunno. Either way I'm freakin' excited about this! :thumbup:

Well as far as I know you don't need to be in DCI's Junior corps to be considered a drum and bugle corps. So yeah I would think he included all the DCA corps in his total as well.

Understood but will be interesting to watch the movie pretending that you know nothing about drum corps. Know the movies intent is not to educate people about corps but have a feeling that non-DC people will get some weird ideas about DC. Possibly only young, thin, attractive looking people do DC (leaves me out for a lot of reasons). :thumbup:

As a comparison I can't remember all the details when I watched Drumline but glad I knew about the Bayou Battle (?) before I saw the movie. Made a #### of a lot more sense that way. And the "old school vs new school" at the end would have been really confusing.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari