Power Pizzaz and All that Jazz - Madison Scouts 1998

And, to the "real drum corps" guy...

What was everything else the rest of the night? Fake drum corps? But then again, these are Madison Scout fans.

I joke, I joke. I keed, I keed.

Like the guy who said "Now that's a REAL Drum Corps!" before Phantom's 89 performance?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be honest, up until a few days ago, I'd never seen this show. I've seen plenty of Madison shows, but for some reason never got around to this particular one.

My first impression is that I do NOT like how the guard is in the Madison uniform for the first bit of the show. I understand how it makes for some larger forms and might make for a nice surprise flag flourish or something, but that didn't happen. To me, if I'm gonna blend my guard in with the corps, it's gonna be so that when they form the first Fleur at the opening hit, you get surprised with a big hit of color as well. That way, if you're not on the sidelines, you don't notice that the guard is mixed in with the hornline. That and it is VERY hard to see the rifle work with everyone blended like that.

I

Just so you're aware, not fighting here....just giving insight.....the reason our guard was in the same uni's as the corps proper was we were celebrating our 60th anniversary....we started "70's" then moved from "80's" to "modern". Just to clarify.....

Isn't that also the show where Madison came out

in their dual company fronts but had to stop midfield and wait for

the field lining crew to get off the field?

Wait, what happened? Was this on finals night?

Wait, what happened? Was this on finals night?

I'm pretty sure it was on finals night. It happened on side 1. I remember coming on the field and then turning into the 50 then seeing the guy line the field who was roughly at the back hash , or the hash behind the center x.. He was around the 30 yard line. As we stepped off, I think everyone knew he was going to be in the way. His pace was slow, and I think he hit our company front closer to the front side line. I just remember hearing "boos" from the crowd when the line got messed up, then cheers from the crowd, after recovering the form. Nothing really prepares you for something like that.

99 wasnt any better. I think we had a false command from one of the staff members on side 2 while coming on the field. It was sooo loud, you couldnt hear, and I think he counted our step off early. So those people that were near the front sideline had already stepped off and those near the center hadnt "officially" received a command from the DM, so we had a snake form until somehow we recovered. Dallas, maybe you have some memories?

Edited by mrshowfan

99 wasnt any better. I think we had a false command from one of the staff members on side 2 while coming on the field. It was sooo loud, you couldnt hear, and I think he counted our step off early. So those people that were near the front sideline had already stepped off and those near the center hadnt "officially" received a command from the DM, so we had a snake form until somehow we recovered. Dallas, maybe you have some memories?

Actually.....the missed step off and AWESOME recovery made the crowd even more crazy then if you stepped off perfect. What an awesome two nights they were in Madison (semis and finals)

On topic.......1998 is definately more tame than the previous and post seasons. I like 1998.....but I find myself watching 1997 and 1999 way more than 1998.....

Just so you're aware, not fighting here....just giving insight.....the reason our guard was in the same uni's as the corps proper was we were celebrating our 60th anniversary....we started "70's" then moved from "80's" to "modern". Just to clarify.....

And very much appreciated! I just would have put them on a silk if they were going to be mixed into the hornline like that. So hard to read.

WTF? as opposed to "this I believe" right? :tongue::thumbup::tongue:

(It's like talking to a wall with that one, "IT" prowls on Madison Threads........)