Power Pizzaz and All that Jazz - Madison Scouts 1998

(It's like talking to a wall with that one, "IT" prowls on Madison Threads........)

:tongue:

.................................................................. Typically self-important and emotional response coming in five... four... three... two...

Edited by BigSnareline

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? as opposed to "this I believe" right? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

I was talking about from the crowd. :sad:

Also, what is with your kneejerk reactions to all things Cadets? Noone even brought them up. :tongue::sad::thumbup:

Please refrain from attacking other Community members.

This a show review thread that was designed to be fun for both the reviewers and the people who may have performed the show; please take any personal disagreements you (the general you) may have with posters to PM.

Thanks! :tongue:

/end moderator spiel

I was talking about from the crowd. :tongue:

Also, what is with your kneejerk reactions to all things Cadets? Noone even brought them up. :tongue::sad::tongue:

AND there it is! What timing!!!! :tongue::thumbup: OK - Back on Topic!!!

Edited by BigSnareline

You guys are funny, but I guess this goes back to my old manta I've conveniently reminded myself of....

"I love drumcorps....it's the fans that I can't stand."

I hate myself :tongue:

AND there it is! What timing!!!! :tongue::tongue: OK - Back on Topic!!!

Wow. Clever.

One thing I notice with the 98 videos/cds is that the audio quality of the recording is crap. It really doesn't do any of the shows that year justice.

One of my favorite moments of 98 was in Rememberance. The mello-trill leading into the big hornline hit. Pure awesome.

This was my first introduction to the Madison Scouts when they came out here to No.Cal. I saw them in Stockton that year and it is still one of my favorite shows of all time. I distinctly remember that night during retreat when they announced the scores, Madison was in third behind SCV and BD. The crowd booed when Madison's score was first announced...and then...the jeering directed at the judges slowly morphed into an uproar of applause for the Scouts. Really cool.

Also, later that year, I received my first ever DCI 3-cd set of finals performances. My dad wanted to buy some new home theatre speakers for our living room. I went with him to Good Guys and took along my DCI cds. When it came time to test the various speakers in the giant room of speakers, the clerk asked if we had any particular music to test them with. I whipped out disc 1 and told him to play the Madison Scouts track. Imagine, an unthinkible number of watts blasting Madison throughout the entire store. Just awesome. And to top it off, in walks this big guy from somewhere else in the store, asking us what corps that is. I proudly said "Madison Scout 1998",.....he smiled.

Similar to Guizeppe's story, 1998 was my first exposure to Scouts live. It was in San Diego where the show line-up allowed me to get out of uniform and into the stands in time to see them. From their startingline entrance to the company front it was exactly what I was dreaming of when I decided to march drum corps.

This is possibly my favorite show of all time. The guard in uniform doing rifle work at the beginning was perfect. Silks would have been a horrible mistake. Sometimes I am sitting at work and I start humming Rememberance out of nowhere - I ponder how much ### that show kicked, then I go back to work - seriously.

I have a soft spot for all things 1998, Scouts included. I love the music book from top to bottom, especially Rememberence. Great last few seconds of the show too, that's an ending!