Power Pizzaz and All that Jazz - Madison Scouts 1998

Well, you have to remember that the scouts had nothing to do with misspelling "Lupin" - blame that on the folks that produced the original telecast. I agree with the op - this was a great show - from start to finish. One of the best ever. It's all about entertaining the fans! :dozingoff:

Funny story.... maybe... The reason for the misspelling in the movies (only a couple actually) was because of a trademark dispute over the name "Lupin" from the folks that publish the "Arsene Lupin" French Novels, citing that there would be confusion in who's who if the folks bringing the Japanese Lupin to the U.S. didn't use a different name... so they changed the spelling to match the roma-ji (alphabetic pronunciation of the name). Apparently, this is no longer an issue as most films imported for U.S. distribution use the correct spelling now.

The T.V. series never used the alternate spelling.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guard work in the opener was very old school, lots of tight spins flat to the front and the A and B flag book makes me smile. The all-rifle is very cool and old old school. The guard has a small amount of body in the first production but are balls to the wall by the time they get to REMEMBERANCE!

It's nice little time machine of a show~

Ya know, my biggest complaint with this show is the camera guys. Not Madison's fault obviously, but every time they show a section, you get to catch a glimpse of a bunch of people running by doing something crazy, and it just sucks that we'll never know what those crazy things are....at least not those of us watching at home.

Interesting fact about this show: if you listen closely before the show starts, you can hear a fan yell out, "REAL DRUM CORPS!" :dozingoff:

Interesting fact about this show: if you listen closely before the show starts, you can hear a fan yell out, "REAL DRUM CORPS!" :dozingoff:

What a dumb thing to say at a show.

I think this is a good Madison offering. Not great. Good. The show is more fun to listen to for me than to watch. The opener is pretty forgetable. I think the weakest section of the show. I don't dig the 12 snares or guard in corps proper uni. Nor do I dig 8 tenors in second tune. Dirt, dirt, dirt.

I love the Peer Gynt stuff. Great arrangments. Awesome tuba solo.

Love the closer. Probably one of my fav Madison Scouts tunes.

And, to the "real drum corps" guy...

What was everything else the rest of the night? Fake drum corps? But then again, these are Madison Scout fans.

I joke, I joke. I keed, I keed.

Isn't that also the show where Madison came out

in their dual company fronts but had to stop midfield and wait for

the field lining crew to get off the field?