Cadets withdraw from TOS

So...there won't be any talking on the field? No amps?

Just drum and bugle corps. That's cool. :thumbdown:

You know what, I actually like your post. It seems odd to me that most of the older generation is extremely anti-amp and then someone would gripe for Cadets not coming to a DCA show. Sounds like a win-win for many of you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, I actually like your post. It seems odd to me that most of the older generation is extremely anti-amp and then someone would gripe for Cadets not coming to a DCA show. Sounds like a win-win for many of you.

I know, it's ironic. I also don't think there is a single DCA corps in the show.

No - Bush is performing there.

And don't forget about the Surf.

No - Bush is performing there.

And don't forget about the Surf.

I know. After I typed that, I went back and looked and went, "oh, crap!" I came back to fix it, but you caught me.

Surf is DCA this year? I didn't hear about that.

I'm kidding.

is it true the Cadets are doing spring training in Johnstown PA? If so, that gas bill seems incredibly logical. Not to defend Hop ever, but I can see his point if they would be leaving from there. You're talking about a 6 hour haul plus tolls

I endorse this position.

Some of you people really need to get over it. Already. It is what it is it is not going to change, They still produce good shows.

Then you want to know why DCI and DCA will never play together. Its because of some people that no longer march make comments like this that places a bigger wedge between the two.

When will you except that, That is there thing and DCA has their own you can sit here and bicker and pick out what is bad and in turn they will do the same. aahh why am I doing this it is hopeless.

I for one wish they were there it sucks that they are not but I totally understand what they are saying when I go to the pump and have to pay 40 bucks to almost get 3/4 of a tank of gas then go to NY and pay 8 to get in and 10 to get out.. 18 bucks just to go visit someone oh and then add in the lovely traffic i get to sit in on the lovely well paved belt parkway you know the road that i have to take the car to show to fix after driving it. (yeah and that is where the money is supposedly going )

Like the one person said.. Put up the money ..

Some of you people really need to get over it. Already. It is what it is it is not going to change, They still produce good shows.

Then you want to know why DCI and DCA will never play together. Its because of some people that no longer march make comments like this that places a bigger wedge between the two.

When will you except that, That is there thing and DCA has their own you can sit here and bicker and pick out what is bad and in turn they will do the same. aahh why am I doing this it is hopeless.

I for one wish they were there it sucks that they are not but I totally understand what they are saying when I go to the pump and have to pay 40 bucks to almost get 3/4 of a tank of gas then go to NY and pay 8 to get in and 10 to get out.. 18 bucks just to go visit someone oh and then add in the lovely traffic i get to sit in on the lovely well paved belt parkway you know the road that i have to take the car to show to fix after driving it. (yeah and that is where the money is supposedly going )

Like the one person said.. Put up the money ..

Touchy, isn't he?

Agreed.

I wanted to see the Cadets.BUt they arent making it.I'm moving on. :thumbdown:

You mean like the Junior/Senior combined shows that go on in the MidWest and West Coast?

Or like the Hershey, PA combined shows that went on for years?

Or the DCI ads that played during DCA Prelims?

Or more and more young people getting experience in a DCA corps before going to DCI?

DCA and DCI are closer than ever before....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari