Cadets withdraw from TOS

I don't blame you. Real drum and bugle corps isn't for everyone.

That's why DCI exists - for the masses. :angry:

Nice insult Marty. :thumbdown:

i'd always thought your were better than going for the cheap shot, but i guess i was wrong.

so sorry that the Bridgemen actually tried to put a show together where EVERYONE could find something to enjoy. to me THAT is real drum corps, understanding that not everyone is going to like, nor has to like, the same exact thing. none of this 'it has to be in G', or 'there can't be amps', or even any of the 'it has to be the way we did it back then in order to be REAL' junk.

well, to each their own Marty.

i, like Jerome, was looking forward to having the Cadets at our show.

maybe in the future . . . :angry:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice insult Marty. :ph34r:

i'd always thought your were better than going for the cheap shot, but i guess i was wrong.

so sorry that the Bridgemen actually tried to put a show together where EVERYONE could find something to enjoy. to me THAT is real drum corps, understanding that not everyone is going to like, nor has to like, the same exact thing. none of this 'it has to be in G', or 'there can't be amps', or even any of the 'it has to be the way we did it back then in order to be REAL' junk.

well, to each their own Marty.

i, like Jerome, was looking forward to having the Cadets at our show.

maybe in the future . . . :help:

My apologies.

I wasn't being serious.

I would just like to add that we were all THRILLED that the Cadets were going to be at our show!!!

Our disappointment was just as strong, when we learned that they were not going to perform at TOS!

But, we understand the situation, and like Jerome said, we are moving on.

The Cadets are a top-notch, world-class organization, and their performances are spectacular! We are sad that they will not be with us in 2008, and we hopefully look forward to an appearance by them at the 2009 TOS!

We are also very excited about performing at their show on July 5th, in Clifton, New Jersey!!!

Jim Jordan and the Bridgemen

And for the person who said:

Like the one person said.. Put up the money ..

That isn't what any of this is about.........My post tried to evaluate the costs of what the Cadets are facing.... Like Jerome -- I am a Bridgemen too..... We all think it stinks they can't make it....

and for someone to make assumptions about what really goes on, is wrong.

The Cadets, like every other corps, facing gas prices, food pricing -- on an on.... My point wasn't to say put up or shut up at all.

My point was if you want to make stupid statements like that look at the facts. Where are they coming from, how many trucks, tolls, staff, food. etc.....

If the choice is to make the TOS or don't make Finals because they ran out of gas money - - and I am George H. or George L. -- George H. is making finals & skipping TOS and George L. is right behind him encouraging him to do so. That my friends IS what drum corps is all about.

The Cadets I am sure were getting something for coming, that is what appearance fees are all about. But if the fee, doesn't cover the cost -- Drum Corps is also a business and losing money, when you can avoid that, is always a good thing.

George H. made the right decision for his operation and George L. did the same. It is a shame that it had to be this way -- and it does suck - - but we can work toward another try next year and hope that fuel isn't $7.00 a gallon then.

200 miles round trip from Allentown x 7 vehicles - 1400 miles total

Avg gas guzzling bus mpg 3.5 - - 400 gallons of fuel (not decreasing it for the mini van, the rv, and George's old SUV)

Avg price for diesel in Allentown area $4.80 = = $1920

Performance from the Cadets: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Performance from the Cadets: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

$4.80 per gallon for diesel???????

(swallows own larnyx)

If you want to swallow your own larynx - - how about $5.05 per gallon for diesel out here on Long Island !!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap !!!

Edited by davla00

lyn

don't tell me that I'm making STUPID STATEMENTS. I for one know how much it cost to run a corps. I was stating my opinion. And that's how I still feel. If it was important to them they would have made it. I do not think that doing TOS would keep them from making Bloomington.

As for a recession.....I run 2 companies. I know that there is a recession ON!

You on the other hand ................... I do not believe that you are the press secretary for George L or for George H. Marching a practice with the Cadets does not make you an expert.

RF

Edited by RCFKING

Forget it.

Can't wait to be in Bayonne this year!

Edited by Kyle B