Competing corps and those not.

ECJ is not fielding a corps this year?

Also, only 20 D1 corps? (I refuse to call it World Class) What is the point of allowing 12 corps into Finals at this point? That is more than half of all active corps. DCI needs to make Finals mean something. As unpopular as this may be, they need to chop it to the top third of D1 (top 6).

Eh, I like having a top 12. What I don't get is why we still have quarters? Just eliminate those three corps with the other 5 on semis night.

In OPEN CLASS, from what I can tell - the following corps are not coming to finals (but most are!!!):

BDC

Incognito

Gold

Mystikal

Good luck to all who are competing anywhere this summer!!!!!

Wo, I thought Gold and Mystikal were both going? They both had such incredible seasons last year, and ya I realize finals was in their backyard in 07, but still, that's not how I expected either of them to come off of such a great season.

With only 20 D1 corps, whats the point in cutting 3 corps from quarters to semis? IMO, the difference in quality just isn't that great from 20th to 17th.

true,...............with only 43 corps they could turn the whole thing into a two day event at one facility.........

true,...............with only 43 corps they could turn the whole thing into a two day event at one facility.........

Bu, they won't 'cause that would decrease ticket revenue significantly.

[Hmmmmmm. Last year was the first time DCA Finals (22) was half the size of DCI Finals (44). This year it will be 27 vs 43 (63%).]

Good luck to all the DCI corps on tour this year.

I didn't know things were this bad. Wow. I remember the good ol' days of the Top 25; just to make that 25th spot was a huge thrill. Then there were those handful of A and A-60 corps that would advance to quarterfinals that would compete with the open class units. There were so many open class corps back then, all within the 128 membership size; and all with thier own identity, too, I might add.

Yep, people can criticize and say "outdated" all they want; but like our current gas price situation, things weren't so bad back then.

Bu, they won't 'cause that would decrease ticket revenue significantly.

[Hmmmmmm. Last year was the first time DCA Finals (22) was half the size of DCI Finals (44). This year it will be 27 vs 43 (63%).]

maybe, but they could hold the same number of shows..............well, 4 instead of 5 anyway,....................

...........and don't forget, DCA also got in 18 mini corps and 9 alumnis last year, topping DCI's total,....................this will happen again this year for certain,............

Eh, I like having a top 12. What I don't get is why we still have quarters? Just eliminate those three corps with the other 5 on semis night.

Wo, I thought Gold and Mystikal were both going? They both had such incredible seasons last year, and ya I realize finals was in their backyard in 07, but still, that's not how I expected either of them to come off of such a great season.

The sad truth is that DCI won't eliminate a day from Finals just because of the money factor.

Just throwing an idea out. What if DCI eliminated 5 corps per night.

Quarters- top 20(i.e., everybody)

Semis- top 15

Finals- top 10

with only 20 corps, is there really that much prestige in making it to semis or even finals if finals is the top 12 corps. Technically, the 11th and 12th place corps are still in the bottom half of the corps performing.

Just throwing an idea out. What if DCI eliminated 5 corps per night.

Quarters- top 20(i.e., everybody)

Semis- top 15

Finals- top 10

with only 20 corps, is there really that much prestige in making it to semis or even finals if finals is the top 12 corps. Technically, the 11th and 12th place corps are still in the bottom half of the corps performing.

Another thing you could think about.

Is to just have prelims for Open Class. Then after Semis eliminates 5 to make Finals 10 W.C. add the Top 3 or 4 Open Class to the Finals show. (competing for Two seperate Titles. Like DCA) I am sure I have read that the (Div II/III) Open Class Finals is not a big money maker anyway. I also know from seeing the Top (Div II) Open Class groups. They are pretty darn good groups and the Fans could get a new look at them. Maybe Helping that area DCI grow.

I've been AFK due to the holiday, etc.

So I take the list was accurate? I was just trying to figure out who all was coming out this season.

BTW I like the idea if numbers keep dwindling of adding the top 3 "Open Class" corps to a top 10 WC final. But I doubt that would happen. Why in the world would anyone in the 11-20 spots vote to remove themselves from a chance to make the big show.

Why did they stop the deal where the winners in Div II and Div III performed in exhibition to open the show at finals? If it was too many shows well now you only have one to add to the lineup. Add the winner of Open to the beginning in exhibition.