Only 5 judges prior to July 4?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 90's, the amount of drum corps showing up to DCA were in the 10's, now, attendance has been in the upper 20's.

That my friends, is called growth.

I never said it was, however, when you talk about the activity, your talking about DCI, DCA, MCA and all the European circuits as well. Just merely stating that DCA has seen a growth to show him that there is growth happening.

I never said it was, however, when you talk about the activity, your talking about DCI, DCA, MCA and all the European circuits as well. Just merely stating that DCA has seen a growth to show him that there is growth happening.

The thread is about DCI reducing the amount of judges down to 5 prior to July 4th. Then some cry that DCI (and the junior corps activity) is dying and this is proof. That's a bit of a stretch. Now, others are pointing out the growth of DCA, which really has nothing to do with the change of judges in DCI shows. That's all.

The thread is about DCI reducing the amount of judges down to 5 prior to July 4th. Then some cry that DCI (and the junior corps activity) is dying and this is proof. That's a bit of a stretch. Now, others are pointing out the growth of DCA, which really has nothing to do with the change of judges in DCI shows. That's all.

Bingo.

Well, presumably, nobody has a finished show because they haven't received judges' feedback yet. I wonder if more corps will make more changes later in the season due to a decrease in the judging input they'll be receiving early on.

What? What?

Year after year, more corps are disappearing than are being created. You sure about that? Maybe "DCI" will survive, but as how many corps? Four? People have also been predicting the demise of the junior drum and bugle corps activity, and, look around you, it's happening.

"Look Around":

It is INDEED "Happening".... :tongue:

Elphaba