Woodwind to Brass players

Jeremy Emerson

Which brass instrument did you switch to, to march corps?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which brass instrument did you switch to, to march corps?

• Trumpet/Soprano
    • Baritone
    • Euphonium
    • Tuba/Contra

I was a tenor sax player many years back... (note: see signature for precise dates) and now I have been playing Baritone for alomst 2 months ! its great ! and I don't think I am doing half bad..

I think once you have the theory behind music down it is much easier to switch instruments and it becomes all a matter of learning the new techniques associated with any particular instrument.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am currently playing alto sax and baritone. I've played alto sax for like 5 years and baritone for like 5 months. I will be trying out for Magic of Orlando in 2004 after some more training. The switch was weird at first , but the longer you play bari the easier it becomes.

Kick some butt Magic!!

-Brian

B)

I was and still am a saxophone player (alto and tenor). At the beginning of the 2002, season, I started learning mellophone. My band director was a saxist and marched mellophone with Bridgemen in the 80's, so I figured I would try mellophone. I got it down pretty well, but I came down with pneumonia in the middle of February, and switched to trumpet because it requires less air.

So now I'm a trumpetist and a saxist. I'm also a percussionist, and could probably march in a drum corps snare line, but I prefer to stick to the trumpet.

Well ya left off Mellophone which is actually where most of the WW players I marched with or taught have started