SCV & a Typewriter

Does this mean we might see the "Briefcase Drillteam" that was on some TV commercial a few years back? They can all open their briefcases in unison, whip out their typewriters, do a wicked cool solo, and ring the little bell, all together! :laughing:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True - manual typewriters are legal percussion instruments. As such, a typewriter in the pit can also be amplified. However, a marching typewriter line would be considered "battery percussion", and cannot be amplified under current DCI rules.

Electronic typewriters remain illegal until 2009, when electronic percussion will be allowed.

:laughing:

Perhaps it's their way of doing narration minus the vocals.

Or closed captioning.

So...if what they are typing shows up on the Jumbotron...would that then be considered a use of electronics??? :laughing:

So...if what they are typing shows up on the Jumbotron...would that then be considered a use of electronics??? :laughing:

:sigh:

They've screwed up already: they're using an Underwood typewriter. Royal typewriters sound much better.

Edited by jthomas666

I always liked the sound of a good Remington typewriter. :laughing:

In answer to your question, yes, Cavaliers used a manual typewriter in the pit in '06 (that's the clacking sound at the beginning of the last movement of "Machine").

A good point. I don't know if that's such a smart move. Any corps can go out and wail away on "Legend of the one eyed sailor", but that would defeat the objective because people would be reminded of the Blue Devils. Same thing with the typewriter reminding people of the Cavaliers. Not a course that I would pursue - but that's just me.