Front loading the alphabet with World Class Corps

And what sort of mushrooms did you have on your pizza today Mr Boo?

I think you mean yesterday, or was it the day before? Either way, I've always respected Kate Smith's vocal stylings and I think the sleep deprivation is making me more cogent than ever, which is why you'll know what I mean when I state, uh, I state, "Illinois, Idaho, Indiana and Iowa are states that all begin with the letter I."

That, and sugar plum fairies dancing in my head...or is it your head? I can never remember whose head is in my head.

And now I have to run into Chicago for a morning appointed at the passport office to clear up something for my trip to China June 12. I hope they don't ask me my name.

But on the positive side are positive integers and the fact that I just now finished the World Class program book write-ups.

And now I'm hungry for mushroom pizza. I don't know why.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the proper way to catalog things in alphabetical order is to ignore the initial article.

The librarian has spoken.

The English teacher agrees. Though an article is inside the noun phrase, it is not syntactically categorized as a noun.

Maybe we need a corps called the 'Zephyrs'.

Okay, I just got up to get ready for the trip in to Chicago, and darn, if that doesn't sound like a great idea.

And how about more corporate sponsored corps? Then we could have The Zildjians. And The Yamahas. Ha! That would get the ball rolling.

Edited by Michael Boo

Okay, I just got up to get ready for the trip in to Chicago, and darn, if that doesn't sound like a great idea.

And how about more corporate sponsored corps? Then we could have The Zildjians. And The Yamahas. Ha! That would get the ball rolling.

I'm waiting for the big music companies to have their names added to the corps - like stadiums.

DCI proudly presents - The Dynasty Blue Devils!!! - The Yamaha Cadets! - The King Phantom Regiment! :tongue:

And have you noticed the word "alphabet" is itself at the front end of the alphabet?

Wow, man.

And have you noticed The Cadets is NOT at the front of the alphabet? :tongue:

"The Librarian" has never heard how DCI introduces the Cadets at finals, as in "The Cadets, you may take the field..."

Edited by wvu80

And have you noticed The Cadets is NOT at the front of the alphabet? :tongue:

and did YOU notice he said he was not including THE in the equation???

and did YOU notice he said he was not including THE in the equation???

And did YOU notice if you choose to make up names any way you want, then THE CADETS can go right to the FRONT of the line, by simply not including the first letter of the name in the equation; Adets!

Geez, if a guy is going to rename the corps, you might as well go back and call them "Garfield" (which is not their name either :tongue: )

(please refer to corpsreps.com, alphabetically, corps number 1127, THE CADETS.

Edited by wvu80

BTW, the reason I can take a good natured poke at our friend Mr. Boo, is because in the 27 years I've been watching drum corps, he is BY FAR my favorite drum corps writer. :thumbup:

(I've wanted to say that for a long time. Thanks for all your great stuff that contributed to my drum corps experience, Michael. :tongue: )

Edited by wvu80

Based on the data in Corpsreps currently (junior corps, non International) and adjusting for the "The" in some names, and excluding corps whose names started with a number, here is the distribution by letter.

A 49

B 100

C 104

D 39

E 45

F 38

G 48

H 30

I 28

J 18

K 30

L 96

M 90

N 36

O 24

P 72

Q 11

R 63

S 185

T 39

U 5

V 36

W 34

Y 11

Z 1

Do you have the numbers for just those that competed in the US in both 1988 and 2008?