Pictures of Spain

Looking for a little help here. The marching band I direct is looking to perform Pictures of Spain, which I believe was originally arranged by Larry Kerchner. I am looking to contact Larry for permission, as well as the possibility of getting a copy of a score from him. Not having much luck on the online music sites. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Please email or pm if possible. Adamburdett@verizon.net

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Pictures of Spain' is an original composition of Larry's, not just an arrangement, which he wrote for the Muchachos n 1974. We are playing it this year n the Cabs Alumni.

E-mail me privately at cabalumnidrummer@yahoo.com, Adam, and I will give you the e-mail address I have for Larry.

Looking for a little help here. The marching band I direct is looking to perform Pictures of Spain, which I believe was originally arranged by Larry Kerchner. I am looking to contact Larry for permission, as well as the possibility of getting a copy of a score from him. Not having much luck on the online music sites. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Please email or pm if possible. Adamburdett@verizon.net

You might also see it called "Espiritu del Toro".

"You might also see it called 'Espiritu del Toro.'"

No, Mike. 'Espiritu' was Larry's prior original composition for the Muchachos. It was their opener in 1972 and 1973. 'Pictures' was played in 1974 and '75. We have done both in the Cabs Alumni. 'Espiritu' was our opener in 2006, and we still use it for parades and at some exhibitions.

This year we are playing 'Pictures' for our opener.

Thanks. I have already received the necessary information, no further posts necessary.

"You might also see it called 'Espiritu del Toro.'"

No, Mike. 'Espiritu' was Larry's prior original composition for the Muchachos. It was their opener in 1972 and 1973. 'Pictures' was played in 1974 and '75. We have done both in the Cabs Alumni. 'Espiritu' was our opener in 2006, and we still use it for parades and at some exhibitions.

This year we are playing 'Pictures' for our opener.

Ah....the mind starts to blend things together..thanks.

Las picturas de espana = Pictures of spain

Espiritu del toro = Spirit of the bull

Las picturas de espana = Pictures of spain

Espiritu del toro = Spirit of the bull

And that's "NO BULL"!!! Been fortunate enough to play both of 'em with the Cabs Alumni Corps. Too bad Schlitz ("The beer that made Milwaukee famous") went out of business. Could have used "Espiritu" for their commercials for their Schlitz Malt beverage !!! Oh well!! :tongue::tongue:

And that's "NO BULL"!!! Been fortunate enough to play both of 'em with the Cabs Alumni Corps. Too bad Schlitz ("The beer that made Milwaukee famous") went out of business. Could have used "Espiritu" for their commercials for their Schlitz Malt beverage !!! Oh well!! :tongue::tongue:

Well, it is making a comeback, thanks to an IL brewery! :blink:

http://beeradvocate.com/news/1312036

"Schlitz Original Formula Makes A Comeback

Topic Origin: Beer News & Opinions

Chicago, IL (April 2008) - Schlitz®, long known as "The beer that made Milwaukee famous" and once the best-selling beer in the United States, makes a comeback today on the 75th anniversary of its return to Chicago following Prohibition. Pabst Brewing Company in Woodridge, Ill., which now produces the iconic brand, is re-launching Schlitz "Classic 1960s Formula" based on the original recipe and packaged in traditional "Brown Glass" - a packaging innovation that Schlitz introduced in 1912 to prevent light from spoiling beer before it can be served. Chicago is third in a phased re-launch of Schlitz that included Florida and Minnesota markets late last year. The initial roll-out of six- and twelve-pack varieties, priced comparable to other premium domestic brands, will be to select Schlitz accounts with a citywide expansion slated for 2009.

Pabst Brewing Company (PBC) is partnering with Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. in Lincolnwood, Ill. to distribute the classic Schlitz formula and has a longstanding and rewarding relationship with the beer distributor, based on Schlitz and other brands within the PBC portfolio."

Have not seen it offered in Milwaukee yet, as least on the south side.

Me likem Schlitz. This news is like enjoying a Roman holiday.

Now when do we get Cincinnati beers back: Wiedemann, Burger, Hudepohl, etc...

...Googled here in mid-post: An Oct. 2007 report states Wiedemmann and Burger are back, part of a retro brew craze. Fantastic! Were we discussing drum corps?