Spartans public performance

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Reviews?

I saw about 13 horns or so, 3 snare, 2 tenor, 4 bass, 4 plates. No guard at the parade however. This is a big weekend for graduations in MA and NH, so that may have hurt their attendance a bit.

Edited by newfan06

I cant say anything about performance since i havent been able to see them yet, but i do know that the numbers arent far off from the totals... unfortunately. As a fmm i want to ask that this thread not turn into " aww the spartans are going to suck because they are small" or a " someone said this is why this happened" thread. If you want to know what happened over the past year to them look up old threads or ask a member in a pm. ive seen spartans threads get REALLY nasty. The corps still means alot to alot of people but im jsut asking to see this be a positive thread.

Any Reviews?

For a performance that was hyped up for so long, their appearance was something of a disappointment. Their numbers and their "new look" was not flattering for a drum corps that was once always great. I hope Sunday was not a preview for this summer for the Spartans.

Edited by *FancyLady*05

For a performance that was hyped up for so long, their appearance was something of a disappointment. Their numbers and their "new look" was not flattering for a drum corps that was once always great. I hope Sunday was not a preview for this summer for the Spartans.

Please give them time. They have never left the audience down.

Where was this performance? Field show? Concert? Parade? Other?

For the record, I'm always a huge pessimist, but in the Spartan's defense, you can't really judge the quality of the corps on a parade performance. I've never heard a corps sound good in a parade. Even the best world class groups can sound pretty bad marching down the street. As far as the way they look, that's a completely different story...

*edited for poor grammar*

Edited by goldingna